Accusations Of Ripping

Deanne

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chain you have gone way up in my books for being so honest and coming forward and apologising

It takes a big man to come forward and post like you have just done

well done chain

Well u wont see me using Soulfly

Nor will I send anyone to Soulfly

Travis Your Rude shit I rember you from MSN days where you "HACKED"(open Back Doors) to Take Other People Accounts and Flood Rooms

Yeh I rember

So it would't surprize me if there where Back doors

But as I said I wont use it and I would't Send one to get it and would Warn Anyone who use it

Travis Your Rude shit I rember you from MSN days where you "HACKED"(open Back Doors) to Take Other People Accounts and Flood Rooms

Yeh I rember

But as I said I wont use it and I would't Send one to get it and would Warn Anyone who use it

I suppose everybody was at one time young and foolish. Nobody is perfect, but I reckon people are growing maturely as they age to start seeing the true value of right and wrong.

Good thing you done there chain, but it always happens...

In my opinion when it comes to mirc coding (since 99% of the time there is NO money involved) some ripping aint bad! and it shouldnt cause this much drama!!! who cares its just a different language! english was ripped from british speach and spanish and french both have parts of each other in their's so dont let it get to you, just keep on your business.

Everyone SHOULD give credits where the code is from but when it comes down to it, there is only sooo many ways to code some things so alot of code WILL look similiar!

I just believe everyone should put on their big person undies and get over it!!!!!

my 2 cents!!!! :P

Yes i will step up to the plate and say i was wrong, and didnt have prove to any legit statements caused by me, and yes before looking and finding the code that was suppose to be ripped and slander someones name i went way beyond myself and accused travis of ripping when in fact there was no justification for this or prove other then hearing from others. It has taken me a huge wake up call to come here a make this statement and i agree that i was in the wrong and I truly apologize to Travis for this, as this has caused him quite a lot of hurt and distrust in people. I know this will not make up for the damage that I have caused you travis but i hope this will state a point that I was wrong in a huge manner that i should have looked myself and find what prove was needed before making any accusations towards your name and your connection. Once again iam truthfully sorry and deserve whats commig!! Sorry Travis

:lmaojump: Chain mate put your glasses on next time fella ... and this is my pennies worth whether you like it or not (UK Humour) ... you did what you thought at the time was right and for that I cant fault you ... mistakes are part of everyday life and if no one made them we wouldnt learn ... so you've nothing to say sorry for fella ... you apologized and that is a mark of repect to the man/ boy/ fella you apologized to .. just remember we all make mistakes .. some are costly others pass over our heads and like I sed this is my pennies worth whether you like it or not ... you held your hand up and that takes some doing ... well done Chain

Guest Travis

Hey thanks Chain. I am willing to leave the past int he past and forgive you for the way you have treated me these past 3 years or so. Can't blame me for not fully trusting you, but I am willing to bury old feelings and start over. Thank you for that Chain.

Unfortunately, to err0r's happiness lol, this post by Chain has brought a long a number of extra comments. So many times I should follow ozzy's advice and shut my mouth, but I feel I have to make some points here.

"Ripping"

Ripping is using people's code and pretending you wrote it. If you give credit it isn't ripping. There really isn't much else to say about that.

When I released SoulFly for VSIXc Chain thought I ripped my best friend, Cryton's, work. Let me just let you know Chain. It was an oversight on my part. He demanded I use his nicklust nicklist. I said I would and then edited it to my specifications. I didn't even think to credit him for the original code that got me started and, of course, he didn't care. He used my code in his Core script. We shared a lot of code and he taught me a lot. Because he taught me so much, my style back then was similar to his. -End of story.

As for this guy ...

Well u wont see me using Soulfly

Nor will I send anyone to Soulfly

Yeh I rember

I don't know enough to hack people.

Dude, you didn;t know me on MSN. Why? Because I didn't hang out with scripters. Why? Scripters harassing others is why I started scripting. I protected rooms. I stopped people like clear blue ice from harassing rooms. I couldn;t stand scripters, and still have a problem with the attitude that is prevalent. Shocking? Why do you think scripters hate me so much?

Why do you think you can't sign in as guest on soulfly or harass people using it? I wrote many "unseen" protections in SoulFly to protect the users from the type of people Dippy accuses me of being.

For this reason SoulFly for Buzzen is generally not used by scripters. They want to be able to guest flood if they want to, or clone nicks etc.

Do you see my point?

As for backdoors and bs like that ...

I remember where this claim started. They said when you start soulfly it connects to the soulfly site and .. I dunno, saves your account info or something.

SoulFly checks for updates on start. So does Moschino. Granted, mine is a little more sophisticated. Moschino just gives you an input message saying to go to website for update. SoulFly actually allows you to download and install updates right there.

But! SoulFly allows you to turn this check off. In fact, you can unload the update script and not bother with any of it!

Dippy, you weren't complaining when you were asking me to help you with scripting. But when I saw your malicious intent I ceased helping you and THEN you started slandering me.

So! Backdoor? Show us the code that does this.

Ok I better shut up now. :) Thanks to everyone. Even the ones who "hate" me. You inspire me to kick your ass with my scripts. :P

i'm not so sure the reason many scripters don't use soulfly is because it limits activities that you think are undesirable. I think the reason most don't use it ( including myself ) is that you did too well of a job on it. You left very little room for scripters to add to it and make it more of their own creation. Soulfly is the perfect tool for any user that wants a script to run a room and isn't concerned with really getting into making a script more to their own tastes. You have done all the work for them lol. I script because i enjoy creating and in soul fly there is very little left that needs to be added to it. And when you do think something needs to be you add it.

I used soulfly for awhile when i wanted to chat on buzzen but didn't want to script for it. There was nothing lacking in soulfly that i could see. I did have some problem with updates from time to time but that is to be expected.

Your own dedication and hardwork are why more scripters do not use soulfly. How can a scripter be a scripter if you use something that doesn't need more scripting lol.

I can think of alot of things to add to SoulFly. :)

To be honest err0r I think that most scripters haven't taken the time to really look at or learn about the scripting tools Travis has built into SoulFly. It's a different style than the old msn way of coding - and in a different category than vincula for sure :)

I do agree though, Travis has done an excellent job on it!