Accusations Of Ripping

Deanne

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm completely bored with this whole topic but thought i would come over and take a peek, i've seen that Travis say's Dabba is the only person to have a socket connection for Buzzen for a year now which is completely false cos i myself made my own months ago, and there was one by napalm if i'm not mistaken.

Travis has used code of Dabba's before so why wouldn't he do it again, everyone makes out like he's so great but yet he's always asking others for help and if he can use there code? hmm yh i must have missed something.

simple thing is if your going to use someone's code then just say so dont make out like you haven't and get this whole drama going i've seen dabba code and i have to say he codes like no other scripter i've seen.. then all of a sudden Travis's SoulFly is coded similar?.

but whatever, if you want to use other peoples code just say. anyway cant be bothered anymore.. and i expect the little kiddies to flame me but what ever.. i know about coding.. <wo0t>

Peace~

please, show these similarity's as no one else seems to find them, since you know so much about code.

As Ive seen Dabba has a unique way of scripting, but just because Travis's is similar doesn't mean its identical, or ripped. how many ways are there to write a script for Buzzen?

Also, I haven't looked at Soulfly for a while, but as Travis said, any code he used of others was giving the appropriate credit.

i think all the evidence that is going to surface has surfaced.

Basics

Dabba thinks Travis used some ideas from his connection. People took that to mean Travis ripped some code from Dabba. Travis maintains that he didn't. The examples of the ideas Dabba is speaking of seem to be the hop alias, ctcpreply, and some join coding. The code has been posted several times over so it's pointless to keep asking for it. People now can look and make any choice they want about it. Dabba has stated he is done with the issue and as Chain isn't the creator of either of connections i don't see how he could further add to the discussion. He has stated his opinion on his site and i would assume his responses would be pretty similar to the ones he has already made. There is nothing further to bring to this debate. The accusations and coding in question is out for all to see. If continued this is only going to turn into a pissing contest. It's already turning into a Techgear vs Chainscript feel and it's not about that. TG and Chains didn't make or have anything to do with the making of the connections in question. We are simply portals that allow users to find and learn about programs. Dabba, Travis, and Chain have never shown me anything other than respect and I hope each of them feel I have shown them the same respect in return. One of the main reasons i didn't want this debate here is because i knew a few idiots would try to turn it into a TG vs. Dabba/Chainscripts. We are simply allowing the public debate of a hot topic. All parties involved were free to have their say. No one was banned or prevented from responding but in the end it's their choice to.

i've seen dabba code and i have to say he codes like no other scripter i've seen.. then all of a sudden Travis's SoulFly is coded similar?.

i know about coding.. <wo0t>

Peace~

Hi err0r. The issue I see is that people like synedyne, make generalized accusations that SoulFly's code is similar to Moschino's code.. Then they fail to provide any specific examples of that similarity, so one is not sure if they are speaking of the code that has already been posted, (hop, ctcp etc, and shown to have been in Vincula long before either Moschino or SoulFly existed), or if he is saying that the coding style in SoulFly in general, is similar to Moschino's coding style.

Synedyne then goes and backs up his generalized comments of SoulFly having similar coding to Moschino, by stating he knows about coding.

Granted, I admit, I am not an expert coder. I know enough to do this or that, but I am very far from knowing all there is to know. I simply don't see any similarity in the code, or any similarity in coding styles. As far as I can see Moschino and SoulFly use a very different style, and as x-fusion has already stated, SoulFly does a ton more error checking that Moschino does.

Im hoping ozz will take a look at both and comment.

Hello well i dont know much about scripting and ripping i used to chat in msn and used to always download a script from techgear to help support my room,having seeing this thread about ripping i honestly think some of you are getting carried away with yourself here,i mean there is serious things going on in this world like racism murders rapists child sex offenders etc im sure you know where i im going with this?

Everyone here knows each other through what? MSN chat? MSN Messenger and Techgear. The way i look at it some people need to see whats going on outside your house etc there more to life then a stupid argument over ripping.

When people use other people scripting codes etc leave credit for the ones who deserve it as they are the ones who put all the effort into the script.

Thank you

Guest X-Fusion

err0r has been over the main purpose of what the discussion is about. I think I'll take the liberty of going ahead and closing this thread. I'm closing it because anything else that can be said most likely has already been said, or doesn't need to be commented upon. If either side (Travis or Dabba), or anyone else for that matter, has something else that they feel is important to add, contact myself, err0r or Ozzy through PM.

Well thats fine if everyone wants to consider this matter finished. By looking at all allegations I have access to, the summary of all of this is that Dabba and Chain are a couple of whiney drama queens who cannot back up their accusations because they are total lies created only to drag my name down and crown Moschino the "Queen of Buzzen".

Thank you to everyone for your input!

Guest X-Fusion

I was only closing it because it was obvious Chain nor Dabba was going to reply to this thread because they'd rather do so where they're in charge so they have the ability to delete and ban people as they wish.

However, that's fine. err0r or Ozzy will close it when the times appropriate.