Accusations Of Ripping

Deanne

I agree TGK, once you release something you just have to understand that ppl will look at how's it made and possibly use the code or ideas based on the code. I think too many people get oversensitive about ripping ( cough cough ozzy lol ). Ive only publicly released a few things and i've never had a problem with anyone using it. I've giving alot of help privately as well and actually prefer to not get credit as it just leads to more work on me when others ask. Most every scripter out there learned how to script by breaking down other people's coding and help from their friends. Everyone likes to get praise and credit for what they do but once it hits the public you have to take the good with the bad. People will always use what they think is the best. Just make yours the best you can and your works will speak for themselves.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol if it wasn't for tewl there would probably be no tg007. I remember going into Alabama Luvs and wondering how his nick was able to auto respond to things lol. Led me to Haines crappy website and the rest is history.

Guest X-Fusion

I did a little side by side comparision of the codes Dabba is complaining about and Vinculas codes

Moschino's Hop:

alias Hop {
  var %Chan = $Iif($1, $1, $Active)

sockwrite -n $C_Sock(%Chan) PART %Chan $+ $CrLf $+ JOIN %Chan
}

Vinculas Hop:

alias hop {
  if ($window($msn.get($cid,room))) sockwrite -tn msn.server. $+ $cid PART $msn.get($cid,fullroom)
  if ($msn.ini(usepass)) var %p = $msn.roompass($msn.get($cid,room))
  sockwrite -tn msn.server. $+ $cid JOIN $msn.get($cid,fullroom) %p
}

Now, since most of you here probably won't catch the difference, I'll make it fairly easy. Dabba said that Travis ripped his hop because the window 'closes and reopens itself.' Surprise, Vincula did the same thing the exact same way Moschino does. Vincula actually grabs the active window so no errors are commited, which is the first line. The second line is storing the passport information, which MSN required you to do when you rejoined the room. The third line? Surprisingly, reopens the window and uses the passport information required.

--

Moschino CTCPReply:

alias Ctcpreply {
  if (*TIME* iswm $1-) {
    var %Text = $Rep_Text($3-)

Send_Time_Reply $Iif($Left(#, 2) == $(%#, ), #, $Active) $$1 %Text
  }
}

Vincula CTCPReply:

ctcp *:TIME:*: {
  if ($sock(msn.*. $+ $cid,0) >= 2) {
    echo $color(ctcp) -t $msn.get($cid,room) [[ $+ $nick TIME]
    if (!%msnc.dotime) .ctcpreply $nick TIME $($msn.ini(timereply),2)
    set -u3 %msnc.dotime $true
    haltdef
  }
}

Again, Vincula is more intriguing in the way it does it's replying. It grabs a custom ctcpreply that you set when you open the settings dialog, and sends it to the requester. Kind of like the way Moschino does it, huh?

As far as the jroom and creating a room if it doesn't exist, that's common practices in EVERY connection. I can guarantee if I continued to look deep within Vincula and Moschino, they would both pair up almost identically, much like the previous mentioned ones have. So .. after bringing evidence and comparision forth, who really did what here?

Not only is it moschino but that script is a rip of Cryton's Basic script also. And err0r said something about a hot topic thats why it's staying open, X-fusion kept banning XploziOn for hot topics, he's the one that kept the TG forum from dying out their for awhile, the only time the forum got real hot is only when XploziOn posted. Im not XploziOn by the way i'm his brother, and kinda been keeping him up to date on things.

NOTE: XploziOn is returning from Florida this weekend as his electrical contract is finished, can't wait till he returns the chat servers are gonna change for sure then.

Edited by RazOr

Guest X-Fusion

What the hell do you know XploziOn? All you do is read other forums and post their b/s here. Just for your information, what Chain was blindly referring to was Soulfly for VSIXc.

By the way, whens the last time you scripted? Have you ever? Or do you just run around causing trouble? Because if you haven't the slightest clue what your talking about, I'd suggest you just lay back and watch.

By the way, ROFL for referring to yourself in the 3rd person. You make me chuckle. And here we go with me closing more topics. I'm not closing this one because the people that are accusing Travis either don't know the slightest thing about mIRC, or are just standing behind Dabba because they dont wanna be showed who they truly are.

*Edit, the only thing about the chat networks that are gonna change is that when your name gets on them, they're gonna go from good to bad.

He's my Brother thats how i know him, i'm living in his log cabin till he returns, and taking care of his farm till he gets back. well you will find out what scripting is all about when he returns , he's gonna teach me what he calls the tricks of the trade. By the way he said he's gonna have a little fun when he returns so things are probabaly gonna change a bit.

Edited by RazOr

Guest X-Fusion

I didn't ask that. I asked you what the hell you know about anything thats related to this topic ... which is nothing, right?

By the way, your not gonna make me close this topic, err0r will for it getting off topic. FYI.

*Edit, tricks of the trade? You can't script, at all. I've never seen you participate in any mIRC topics except for when you ask for help. If you want .. I'll hold you to it and ask you to make a connection for Buzzen ... since your so good.