Accusations Of Ripping

Deanne

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well lets keep this civil. Im curious to what the accusers say concerning all of this. So far I have seen noone prove me wrong here.

Before you bring my best friend "Cryton" into this debate, maybe you should ask him if I ripped something of his. :oops:

XploziOn was warned many many times before he was banned. he understood that his actions would get him banned and he chose to continue on with it. He has no one to point the finger at. He got plenty of chances and he is always welcome to another chance as long as he can treat ppl with a decent amount of respect. but now i'm break meh own rules lol stay on topic please

I agree with gatekeeper. Its all open source. So if u dont like your code being used make ya damn own programs and grow some balls and stop sooking. Travis is not a ripper so get the fk over it. I am sick of hearing "he ripped my work".

Travis keep up the good work and dont listen to them idiots that claim u ripped their work. They are just jelouse they cant do as good as u.

I've heard that now they say SoulFly has backdoor trojans or whatever in it.

I hope you can plainly see now that I have disputed their false claims at ripping some connection that they now resort to false accusations to hopefully create enough fear in you that you wont try SoulFly for Buzzen.

Their claim is that when you start soulfly, it checks the soulfly site for any updates and this way there is some backdoor. I honestly have no idea how that would work. Or they say I harvest IP's or something. I have a few points about this.

#1 Moschino does the same thing. The difference is mine is quite a bit more sophisticated. Moschino just flashes an $input message on the screen while SoulFly has an auto updater.

#2 Those forums they are trashing me and SoulFly on have your IP. They can get a hell of a lot easier than I can from you updating SoulFly. I'd have to look through a huge log of nameless IP's that accessed the SoulFly site while they can simply click "IP" next to your name and get your IP. So consider this when they claim I harvest IP's.

#3 You don't need to worry about someone having your IP. It's really a silly worry. IRC servers use your IP for a gatekeeper and have for years.

They are using fear to try and manipulate you. Consider this please.

Thank You

OYE!

Most people whjo have not went through classes or what not to learn how to script or more to the point of this thred 'code for the mIRC chat client' use other codes to learn from. People often use a script and want somethng more or something different, so they want to learn to code for themselves. Some of the people here are more then willing to help n00bs go in the right directions.

From what I have read, everyone ehre has gotten help from others or used anothers coding to learn from.

I do agree that if you use others ideas and expand them you should get permission, and if the author wishes give them proper credit.

The flip side is that if you release, you make it fair game for people to either steal or use or learn from. If you do not want people to have your code then don't release!

I do not feel Travis would rip or steal from anyone. He, Gwen, and X-Fusion have spent a few hours here and there trying to help me out. Even with codes we knew would not work, but we gave it our best shot.

Those who accuse others of being bandits usually wear a mask themselves.

Travis, don't let jack-asses bring ya down bro. Just do what you do and let them be jelous!

As for the coding structure, I have to agree with X-Fusion 100%. Moschino is nothing more then a re-worked Vincula connection. Can anyone say slight of hand?