Accusations Of Ripping

Deanne

i looked at ctcpreply,hop,jroom and sockmark create

the hop and ctcpreply are NOT the same at all

sockmark create is something that a lot of scripters use for connections and i beleive was in vincula

so i dont see how that is copied

the jroom isnt the same

the hop is done with vars in dabbas and hash in travis conection

however i have connections and they do the hop in the same way , so i guess cause i did the connection a long time ago i could say they both ripped my code, however i never released it.

The point is you can only do a hop in one way and thats how everyone does it

yet again its simular to how vincula did it

In conclusion i dont see how it can be claimed that either connection is ripped

and before you all start saying i am bias i dont know dabba and i dont really know travis

and i hate everyone lol :P

the connections were checked by me and compared just for the above points

so please stop all this sillyness now

If you want to accuse anyone , please make sure you check the info for yourself and make your own informed dissision and not just follow what anyone else says just cause you like the person

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite frankly i dont care much for the debate, as getting down to these portions of coding... tis only a matter of time before the original creator of the $nick alias comes to us all and accuses us of ripping, its bullshit... however, comparing moschino to vincula, you are kidding right? Vincula is a scattered original socket connection, dabba can code a socket conn... dabbas dialogs far out do anything any of you could probably ever hope to do, and he is always still bettering everything. Personally i didnt like soulfly.... the layout was too much like vincula for me.... but thats got nothing to do with an opinion on this matter.... its all quite simple... u code... u release... people use it in one way or another

nuff said

I think Travis deserves some apologies, as the accusations have clearly been proven false.

Dabba for starting all of this, Chain for posting inflammatory and false accusations on your site, and the countless bandwagon riders, who were only in it to drag Travis down and ruin his reputation.

There is absolutely no foundation for the accusations of ripping. Travis didn't rip anything. Any further discussion will only continue to reveal the true motive behind the accusations: insecurity and hatred. The accusations that were spread around of Travis ripping code and/or ideas were a very pathetic attempt at a smear campaign.

I hope that people will refrain from starting false accusations like this about anyone else in the future. Ultimately you're the ones who end up looking bad.

Guest X-Fusion
... however, comparing moschino to vincula, you are kidding right? Vincula is a scattered original socket connection, dabba can code a socket conn... dabbas dialogs far out do anything any of you could probably ever hope to do

I'm guessing your one of those scripters of Buzzen fame, right? I personally have never seen you, MSN, IRCd or otherwise. If you look at the basic components of Vincula and Moschino, you'll see pretty plainly that they match up. Dialogs, quite frankly, have nothing to do with anything. It's the code that makes them work.

I have no stay in the matter for the simple fact I don't use Buzzen. I can compare Vincula and Moschino without having to worry about mixing simple code up, because quite frankly, theres nothing to mix up.

But hey, thanks for chiming in. :D

Last time I used Vincula was 2003. I prefered Nuclear. I did not look at Vincula. Once I learned how to open a channel I just read the events I got and chose how to handle them one by one.

Gwen just stop. Noone is going to apologize or anything. Dont expect it. They don;t have the integrity or honor to stand up for what they said, they aren;t going to apologize for it either. This topic is over with.

I agree the discussion is over, and said that same thing on chains earlier this morning.

I'll continue to expect the best in everyone, but you're right Travis, people often refuse to show their best. That is a sad fact of life. True, we don't always get what we deserve--it doesn't mean we don't deserve it. :)

• 1 year later...
  • Site Moderator
Yes i will step up to the plate and say i was wrong, and didnt have prove to any legit statements caused by me, and yes before looking and finding the code that was suppose to be ripped and slander someones name i went way beyond myself and accused travis of ripping when in fact there was no justification for this or prove other then hearing from others. It has taken me a huge wake up call to come here a make this statement and i agree that i was in the wrong and I truly apologize to Travis for this, as this has caused him quite a lot of hurt and distrust in people. I know this will not make up for the damage that I have caused you travis but i hope this will state a point that I was wrong in a huge manner that i should have looked myself and find what prove was needed before making any accusations towards your name and your connection. Once again iam truthfully sorry and deserve whats commig!! Sorry Travis

Chain for the first time ever, I might just like you. :)

I have alot of respect for people who can admit they made a mistake, and then change gears and go a differet direction.

All the best to you chain,

Gwen

Edited by Deanne

:pizza:I been hearing this about Soulfly & Moschino for a year to a year & a half. To be honest from my opinion there is quite a difference between the two. I am not one to pick sides & will not in this case, but just make a few statements. Lets take for example Ozzy & Rumbarr for instance.

This is Kick Counter from Hybrid

alias kick {
  if (%ac.kc == Off) { raw -q kick $1 $2 : $+ $3- | halt }
  else {
    if (!%kick.count) {
      set %kick.count 0
    }
    inc %kick.count 
    if (%show.kc == On) { raw -q kick $1 $2 : $+ $3- [My Kicks Today = $+ %kick.count $+ ] }
    else { raw -q kick $1 $2 : $+ $3- }
  }
  if (%kk.log == On) { write kicklog.txt [ $+ %kick.count $+ ]( $+ $date : $time $+ ) $msn.decode($2) : $3- }
}
alias kickcounter { dialog -m kk kk }
alias kicklog {
  did -e kk 14
  did -r kk 14
  %plst = 1
  if (!$read(kicklog.txt,%plst)) { did -a kk 14 No kick's logged }
  while (%plst <= $lines(kicklog.txt)) {
    did -a kk 14 $read(kicklog.txt,%plst)
    inc %plst
  }
  did -z kk 14
}

This is Kick Counter From Kenobi

On *:Dialog:kk:sclick:5:{ if ($did == 5) { set %kick.count 0 } | if ($did == 5) did -ra kk 4 %kick.count | splay on.wav }
On *:Dialog:kk:sclick:6:{ splay on.wav }
On *:Dialog:kk:sclick:7:{ if ($did(7).state == 1) { set %show.kc On } | else { set %show.kc Off } | splay on.wav }
On *:Dialog:kk:sclick:8:{ if ($active = Status Window) { halt } | else msg $active S Georgia;0 I have kicked %kick.count people,who have taken on Kenobi Script Version 4 and lost lol  | splay on.wav  }
On *:Dialog:kk:sclick:10:{ if ($did(10).state == 1) { set %ac.kc On } | splay on.wav | else { set %ac.kc Off } }
On *:Dialog:kk:init:*:{
  dll $mdx SetMircVersion $version
  dll $mdx MarkDialog $dname
  dll $mdx SetFont $dname
  dll $mdx SetColor $dname
  dll $mdx SetFont $dname 2,3,9 14 50 Georgia Bold
  dll $mdx SetColor 2,3,9 text $rgb(%list1colour,%list2colour,%list3colour)
  dll $mdx SetFont $dname 4 14 40 Georgia Bold
  dll $mdx SetColor 4 text $rgb(255,0,0)
  if (%show.kc == On) { did -c kk 7 }
  if (%ac.kc == On) { did -c kk 10 }
}

alias kick {
  if (%ac.kc == Off) { raw -q kick $1 $2 : $+ $3- | halt }
  else {
    if (!%kick.count) {
      set %kick.count 0
    }
    inc %kick.count 
    if (%show.kc == On) { raw -q kick  $1 $2 : $+ $3- [Total Kicks = $+ %kick.count $+ ] }
    else { raw -q kick $1 $2 : $+ $3- }
  }
}

alias kickcounter { dialog -m kk kk }

Even tho some of it is simular, that DOSENT mean they ripped each others work. You only got so many combinations of code to work with. IF everyone uses the Mirc help file you will see simularities between each persons coding, THAT dosent make it a rip. Only script i have seen in 5 years to 6 with coding like no other was TGK Guard Dog 5. I think it is time for Dabba & Travis to make up & agree that even tho Soulfly & Moschino may have some simularities both of those connections are unique & different. :pizza: