Buzzen Chats New Layout and Design.

Guest XploziOn

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:lmaojump: havent been in buzzen for a while .. just went in there and had to download the MSN Chat Control :huh:

Molson™ For the record it isn't an "ocx" they run ajax.

I personally think this is gonna give Buzzen a boost in users.

:oops: most the room's are empty :shock:

Since Buzzen's maintenance completed, people ran back to the old one instead of the new flash chat, which is, according to them, in beta stage still. We shall see what is really going to happen in August.

Edited by Fanfare

Lynx, they are talking about the Beta chat site, not the old Buzzen site ( which is still the main Buzzen site) and for which you would probably need to d/l the msn ocx . I'll PM you the link to the one they are talking about ( cause I'm not sure if I should post it here).

Not sure how they will officially label it but when I needed a clarification about sth in the beta room I was told it is not an ocx.

Guest X-Fusion

Maybe it's just me, but, I think Ajax could make for a very unstable chat client. SQL attacks could be very easy to do seeing as the xmlhttprequests are going to be constantly used, along with the JS. But, as I've said, atleast they're working on something different.

Beta is the term used when you think your done but your not because people still find something wrong with it. Beta is a term they have used since day one... it moreless means please forgive us for the crappiness of this software we need more people to volunteer their services to put this together. Then we will cash the checks and laugh in your face.

"Please note: I am mohamed I dont know anything about php or anything about getting people to the site I will however use your services as long as you understand I own this site and you wont be paid a dime."

For the differences between ocx and ajax see the following links:

OCX: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ActiveX_control (ocx is basically an activex control).

Ajax: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ajax_%28programming%29

Few main differences I'll put it here:

1. OCX is executable like an exe file, and it is compiled to binary code. AJAX is scripting based technology, it is not complied to binary code.

2. OCX is native to windows and may run into problems if used on other platforms. AJAX is comparatively platform independent.

3. OCX gains full access to local system just like any other executable file, thus it can read or delete local files etc. AJAX is very secure on the client side and most browsers run javascript code under security limitations, thus it has almost to none chances of serious security exploits; for this reason AJAX apps don't require digital certificates.

4. OCX is coded in programming languages that support Microsoft's COM model e.g. C++, VB6, etc. AJAX programming is mainly done in javascript along with htm/xhtml/xml code.

Some people are calling our ajax client as ocx, thats not a problem really... I think users in general don't really care what you call it as long as they like it. :)

Ajax could make for a very unstable chat client. SQL attacks could be very easy to do seeing as the xmlhttprequests are going to be constantly used, along with the JS. But, as I've said, atleast they're working on something different.

We have good protection against SQL attacks, and we are constantly monitoring and updating against any other kind of security exploits. In any case, AJAX is much better than ocx (or any other executable) from client-side security point of view.

The only main concern with AJAX client is speed of execution since it is a script based technology. But people who have tried it never complained about an speed issues; most PCs these days are over 2Ghz and difference in speed in normal chatting won't be noticeable by a human.

Furthermore, people have choice of clients. At the moment server supports flash, ajax, and mirc clients. In future, there will be support for activex client, and other kind of applets and clients.