Buzzen Chats New Layout and Design.

Guest XploziOn

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We have good protection against SQL attacks, and we are constantly monitoring and updating against any other kind of security exploits. In any case, AJAX is much better than ocx (or any other executable) from client-side security point of view.

Not true.

Ajax is only a very new technology, and the beta of Buzzen that I seen is very very very ... very slow to load. Today, OCX are really warned by browsers, and could be signed. I remember the old years when all ocx could be load with not any warn. Today, ocx are no longer a security hole for users. But ajax used with a chat server, could create new security holes, currently not know on chats with ocx. And be sure that in the future, as ocx was limited by browsers, some ajax stuffs will be limited too. The good point of ajax is that it's an open system, and others operating systems can use it. But client-side is penalized by long loadings, by refreshs which consume resources, and an absolutely NOT proven safety. OCX is faster, secured, and stable. And even if ajax could allow others operating systems, as it's a really new technology, it's not compatible with many old browsers. Try to load an ajax chat on IE 5.5, and try to load an ocx chat on IE 5.5... It's only an example, but IE = 80% or more of users, and IE 5.5 is the very last IE for some Windows versions.

Other point is that the real security is not the client only, but the server too. And I dont like what I seen about that. I'm sure it's possible to do a really good client-server system using ajax, but, for me, it's not the case about buzzen v2. I imagine that I should say that it's a good thing to not copy msn, however I think that it's still worse like that.

Lastly, I think that the users of buzzen precisely seek the copy of MSN, and that once this change then finished, buzzen will lose its integrity and maybe more.

I excuse myself for my bad English, this language is difficult for me, but I wanted to deliver my opinion.

Edited by C-dryk™

Guest X-Fusion

You wouldnt? Have you ever been to any of those sites that are infested with popups that talk to you? Normally those emotes lead the way ..