BuzzenChat

err0r

Hello,

My name is Chevy and I am a Subject Matter Expert.

Your e-mail was escalated to me and I am writing in response to your inquiry regarding the legality of www.buzzen.com and www.phreik.com as chat services. I know how important it is to have your concern attended to at the soonest time possible. Please accept my apologies for the delay and for any inconvenience this may have been causing you.

We are continually striving to make our support services the leader in the industry and take all feedback, positive and negative, very seriously.

Our Product Team is still in process of investigating these sites. However, we cannot commit to a specific time frame as to when this investigation will be released though.

You are a valuable customer to MSN and we are glad to give you consistent and effective service.

Thank you for using Windows Live ID.

Sincerely,

Chevy

Subject Matter Expert

Windows Live ID Technical Support

Maybe I'll have better luck simply asking if it is legal to use the msn.ocx at other chat sites.

Edited by Deanne

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you'd probably get more outta banging your head on your desk repeatedly.. those emails are no better than an automated response.. carries about the same effect. but i do find the title Subject Matter Expert very funny. I can't believe they actually pay people to do that lol.

lol err0r = Mr. Subject Matter Expert in the matter of err0rs.

I tend to have the same thoughts running through my mind about it not doing any good. But then I remembered how the corporation I worked for responded. When 1 or 2 people sent questions or concerns, those questions or concerns were pretty much ignored, but as the number of people asking the same questions or concerns increased..so did the corporations concern increase. There was a similar increase in corporation concern when only a few people brought up questions or concerns, but when those few people refused to let the issue die without adequate response.

To me, this whole issue isn't an msn issue. It is an issue on the legality of using someone elses copyrighted work, not for the benefit of the one who owns the copyright, but for the benefit of others basically stealing the use of that copyrighted material. I see this as a foundational issue on the internet. Maybe others don't agree, but I simply do not like to see copyright infringement, because I know that NO ONE likes to think that their copyright might be infringed upon in the same way.

Buzzen doesn't seem to have any qualms using the msn ocx, but I doubt they will be so agreeable to letting their own ocx(if they ever get one finished) be used by chat sites.

Msn might be a huge and somewhat abusive corporation, but deciding that its okay to treat msn wrongly also sets the stage to treat the small copyright people wrongly. Msn simply has more resources to deal with it, than the small people do.

**Edit**

Unfortunately, alot of people seem to think that its okay to 'screw msn' because msn is the big dog and somehow deserves it for attempting to add subscription chat etc. But what alot of people don't realize, is that as soon as people accept that its okay to infringe on the copyrights of the big dog, the little guys also get their copyrights trampled all over. For anyone who has taken the time to write their own chat ocx, how would you feel if Buzzen was using your chat ocx to provide web chat with? I can't see many liking this situation--if it was happening to them.

Edited by Deanne

Mohamed says noone can use the ocx or anything on the buzzen site because it is copyrighted.

Now, is it really your war? Is this something you yourself should be worried about? I am sure M$N has enough lawyers out there looking out for them.

I am quite sure that if they were that worried thed be on that like a crackhead on a foodstamp.

Edited by Shagman

Mohamed says noone can use the ocx or anything on the buzzen site because it is copyrighted.

lol exactly. Buzzen thinks it's OK to infringe on other peoples copyright..but they don't want anyone to infringe on the Buzzen copyright.

Personally, I would find it comforting to hear Buzzen simply admit that they have acted wrongly in this whole matter of building their webchat services on the msn chat ocx. Instead though..I only hear Admin_Jay try to justify what Buzzen has done, and sugar coat things to make wrong appear 'right'. Too bad he felt it necessary to remove this same type of discussion from the Buzzen forums.

**Edit**

ps shagman, are you suggesting that we should all just turn a blind eye to unethical and illegal behavior?

I simply won't do that. Not only do I NOT support illegal behavior, but I speak out against it. We critisize our world for 'not caring' Maybe our world would 'start caring a bit more' if people were encrouaged to actively speak out against wrong, instead of told not to bother, because they won't be able to change anything anyways.

And isn't techgear all about: 'proving two idiots can make a difference' ?

Edited by Deanne

Quite franky I have no more involvement in the project, not by choice. But to be quite honest, as long as it got us to where we wanted to be, who cares about right and wrong. We kinda knew in the back of our minds. Not everyone is honest you know...not everyone has a legit copy of windows either. Its the way of the world, something we all need to consider. All we need to do is concentrate on evil we dish out on our own.

LoLz they did that to me 2 weeks ago.... but I have been at it for years. it bugs them when you get so close to the truth that they are no longer able to put up an arguement.

The eldest is power hes about 30, but the other 2 are now 18-20 year old punks, think of what it was like to deal with 16 year old punks 2-3 years ago.

Edited by Shagman

Quite franky I have no more involvement in the project, not by choice. But to be quite honest, as long as it got us to where we wanted to be, who cares about right and wrong. We kinda knew in the back of our minds. Not everyone is honest you know...not everyone has a legit copy of windows either. Its the way of the world, something we all need to consider. All we need to do is concentrate on evil we dish out on our own.

Aww shagman, I know not everyone cares if something is legal or not. Alot of people in this world thrive on treating others with abuse, and in illegal ways.

I also know that not one person here would want Buzzen to infringe on their personal copyright...yet they shrug their shoulders when Buzzen (and all other clones) infringe on an msn copyright.

Alot of people only care if they personally get treated wrongly -- I care when I see ANYONE get treated wrongly. And I want to see this world a better place, and that is ONLY going to happen if we actively stand against what is wrong.

**Edit**

Hello, My name is err0r and I am a Subject Matter Expert.

err0r you gotta take that off!! lol!!! I]m getting stomache cramps from laughing too much just picturing you saying that!

Edited by Deanne