BuzzenChat

err0r

shagman that's a very poor attitude to have about things. i see that alot now, especially in todays younger generation. They somehow justify unethical things by saying either hey everyone else does it or it's not hurting anyone.. glad the majority of the world doesn't think that way. The world is already very shitty because a minority of ppl think that way. ah well i'm getting old i guess lol..

oh just wanted to add.. i do many things online as well as in life that are wrong and some are unethical probably but i know they are wrong lol. i just do it anyways ;) but i dont' justify it.

We're all getting old, dont feel left out.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

shagman that's a very poor attitude to have about things. i see that alot now, especially in todays younger generation. They somehow justify unethical things by saying either hey everyone else does it or it's not hurting anyone.. glad the majority of the world doesn't think that way. The world is already very shitty because a minority of ppl think that way. ah well i'm getting old i guess lol..

oh just wanted to add.. i do many things online as well as in life that are wrong and some are unethical probably but i know they are wrong lol. i just do it anyways ;) but i dont' justify it.

I agree err0r, and that is what I see...alot of justifying buzzens wrong behavior and attempting to make it appear right. It's just not right, plain and simple.

Each person is able to choose for themselves which type of chat service they want to support, and for some the unethical and illegal activity of buzzen just isn't a big deal..but thankfully, for others it is.

And i'm still not sure what buzzen is doing is illegal.. unless they start offering the ocx up for download themselves or they edit the ocx for redistribution someway what they are doing probably won't draw msn's attention. They are simply using something that's already on people's computers to access their chat. Whether that's ethical or not. My opinion is probably not. I'm sure some people were paid pretty good money to make that ocx for MSN. But i can't make the call for sure. My reasons for wanting them to use their own ocx has less to do with what's right and wrong and more to do with what's best for their ability to offer their chat to users for a long time to come. what happens between msn and buzzen isn't anything i'm concerned with. what i want is for chatters to find places to chat that will be there for a long time.

That's one of the reasons i support vsixc. IRCx really cares about his users and i feel he will work hard to give them a good place to chat. He does it all with a very small group of people and i know how much work is involved. He does it not for the money but for the joy of helping others. I admit i don't know the buzzen staff well at all so i'm can't really say for sure but it seems by some of their actions they are trying to give it's users a good place to chat.

Thanks for clearing some things up for me. The reply you gave about 'Buzzen merely allowing the (now retired) MSN.OCX to connect to its servers', is a very passive attempt to pass the blame for buzzens inappropriate behavior onto the chatters. Infact buzzen specifically requires webchat users to download the msn.ocx in order to chat with webchat.

Is special software required to chat in Buzzen?

Upon arrival to Buzzen Chat, special and safe software is installed onto your computer. This program is downloaded to “C:/WINDOWS/Downloaded Internet Programs” and will remain on your computer unless you remove it manually.

To re-install the Chat Control users of windows should go to C:/WINDOWS/Downloaded Internet Programs. Then you should find "MSN Chat Control 4.5" with a speech bubble icon. Right click this and select "Remove" Ensure all IE browsers are closed and attempt to rejoin a chat room. The control should automatically reinstall.

Glad that you are working on your own ocx, just sad to see buzzen set such a poor example of net behavior. (even sadder to see so many try to justify the wrong being done by buzzen as right, simply because they didn't like the big dog msn.)

I simply cannot imagine trusting a chat service to act rightly in regards to its users after it has shown as questionable of ethics as buzzen (and all clones) have shown. That is my personal opinion.

I suppose I just dont see it the same as you. But nonetheless I can respect your opinion.

using the ocx obviously is just like pirated windows, givin the chance for microsoft to jump on an obvious point of it they will, but alot of the time they wont do alot besides tell you its wrong and expect you to respect them.

I have to agree on one thing. Webchat users are forced to use the msn ocx in order to chat, and if something happens that msn were to pull the plug on the ocx then webchat is history for buzzen. At least until buzzen finally creates their own ocx, or something else.

Yesterday, I spent quite awhile on Buzzen. Personally I like it very much as I do VSIXc. I have nothing against Buzzen at all, and would hate to see webchat disappear if msn did decide to take the ocx away. So, instead of working against Buzzen I think we should pull for them, and give them our support. People can do more when everyone works together instead of against each other.

Guest X-Fusion
I think alot respect Buzzen, but, there are a few that are just fed up with the msn look and feel of things. I know I'm one of them and I think thats partially the reason I'm so weary to Buzzen. Lets face it, the MSN faze died in 2003 when they went to subscription. It hasn't been the same since then, and it never will be. It's time to let the MSN ocx die and do as Buzzen is doing and make a new ocx. I'm not gonna lie, if Buzzen made a new ocx, I probably wouldnt visit, but, thats not a shot at Buzzen either. I'm normally dedicated to one server at a time, and, right now, thats VSIXc. Then again, thats not to say I wouldnt pop in occasionally, but, just I dont think I would become as involved with scripting as I did on MSN or now with VSIXc. I honestly think thats what keeps alot of peoples attention on some chats. The ability to script and learn the coding there. To be honest, the msn coding got boring for me and alot of others and just kinda drew off in the latter years of MSN. I need more modes, new things to learn, different ways of doing things instead of sockwrite -tn blah blah. So, best of luck to Buzzen in their development of their OCX, continued progress to VSIXc, and good luck to all the other servers, no matter what ocx you use.

I have to agree on one thing. Webchat users are forced to use the msn ocx in order to chat, and if something happens that msn were to pull the plug on the ocx then webchat is history for buzzen. At least until buzzen finally creates their own ocx, or something else.

Yesterday, I spent quite awhile on Buzzen. Personally I like it very much as I do VSIXc. I have nothing against Buzzen at all, and would hate to see webchat disappear if msn did decide to take the ocx away. So, instead of working against Buzzen I think we should pull for them, and give them our support. People can do more when everyone works together instead of against each other.

Hi Warrior and X-fusion, for me it's not a thing about whether buzzen(or any other clone) looks good or not. For me it's about whether or not buzzen has acted within the legal boundaries in providing webchat with the msn.ocx.

Quite simply I do not respect, nor do I support illegal activity. So if buzzen is acting legally, they have my respect for the work they have put into their site, if they have acted illegally to respect them and support them while they are acting illegally would be foolishness--no matter how hard they have worked.

I hope they finish up their own ocx soon, it's somethng that should have been done before they ever decided to provide webchat. But even when their own ocx is completed buzzen will still have the stigma of gaining its popularity via illegal and unethical means... by piggy backing off someone elses copyrighted chat ocx. To me there is no sense of achievement in that, nor is it worthy of a pat on the back. At the very best it serves as a constant reminder that the very foundation(the ethics of the admin) at buzzen is corrupt and willing to participate in illegal and unethical activity to gain their own benefit. That sure doesn't sound like a group of people I want to provide me with chat services.

I wrote msn this time, so that I would have their response in writing about this matter and here is what they have told me:

Thank you for writing to Windows Live ID Technical Support.

This is Maureen and I acknowledge that you want to know if www.buzzen.com and www.phreik.com are legal chat services.

After reviewing the information at hand, I have determined that we will need to do further investigation.

Although I do not have a definite time as to when this will be resolved, I want you to know that I am engaging additional resources to help me investigate. As soon as we have more information, either myself or another member of our support team will be in contact with you.

I know how important it is to have your concern addressed immediately. Please accept my apologies for not being able to assist you fully.

Thank you for using Windows Live ID.

Sincerely,

Maureen

Windows Live ID Technical Support