BuzzenChat

err0r

Not that I care about the result of this debate... but what would be so wrong about attaching a clone server to msn groups? Its still working inside of MSN isnt it?

If your on any clone right now just type /credits (make sure ur signed up with that group) and find my link in the message board or click here

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As a member of a company email department, we are not allowed to make an instant response to anything legal. Shes doing the right thing by forwarding it along to her higher ups. As she could get in deep trouble if she advised on legal matters such as that.

Well just to set the record straight I will clear some things up.

1) Buzzen has no affiliation with MSN or Microsoft.

2) Buzzen does not OWN the MSN.OCX.

3) Buzzen has no rights to the MSN.OCX.

4) Buzzen does in no way "use" the MSN.OCX.

Admin_Jay

Buzzen Administration

lol good point shagman. Jay looks like buzzen is closely enough connected to msn that when you type /credits into the buzzen chat screen it opens up the msn chat team group page:

http://groups.msn.com/MSNChatTeam/_homepag...?pgmarket=en-us

lol at least they are giving credit.

Edited by Deanne

Once again, if Microsoft wanted to go the extra mile against Buzzen, as well as other msn clones, they could have done so already.

Like Err0r has said, and I quot:

"I think it's time everyone cut them some slack. They seem to be willing to do the right thing. They say they are working hard to put out their own ocx which was my only issue with them. Just wait and see."

"i think they are doing the right thing by putting out their own ocx or flash or whatever gui they are planning.. The main goal in all of this is having good places to chat."

I know Buzzen may always bear a shoddy name of using msn's ocx to gain its popularity today, but nevertheless the Admin_Jay is able to state the truth about not owning or ever having the right to msn's chat control. I believe their original goal was, and still is, to open a chat place for people to induldge in reminiscence of the lost feeling of MSN chat when Microsoft closed its global chatrooms in 2003. They want to recreate that place where "affected msn chatters," including those refuse or not able to pay the subscription, can again have the same exact chatroom to live on.

This time they have heard the public loud and clear to soon replace the ocx with their own. Until then, we should really give them a great benefit of postivity and let people be the judge of their upcoming chat service.

We all make mistakes at one point or another, and if we're willing to change for the better, I think the impact is going to be impressive.

Edited by Fanfare

Once again, if Microsoft wanted to go the extra mile against Buzzen, as well as other msn clones, they could have done so already.

Well I think msn 'letting this go' sets a very poor bench mark for net behavior, and that in order to prevent an escalation of copyright infringement and illegal usage of others code, msn is almost forced to take some type of action.

Just because msn has been quiet to date does not mean they are not gathering evidence in order to prevent and challenge this type of behavior. Though knowing the internet related court cases, they don't go after anyone unless they can slam dunk them, and make a them into an example to others of what happens when you disregard legal matters on the net.

I think msn shutting down due to a lose of chatters is only added ammunition in msn pockets, espeically if they decide to file a suit to recover damages.

If I was buzzen admin I'd be worried about msn filing a suit to recover damages. buzzen claims 50,000 users, that is alot of potential money loss to msn.

Whether people think msn was right to charge for chat or not is a mute point. Msn owned the ocx and thus had the right to offer it for free or to charge for the use of it. Buzzen vetoed that msn choice and offered the world the use of msn's ocx for free at buzzen, despite the fact that msn had chosen to charge a fee to use it at msn. That is theft.

Edited by Deanne

I still have a printed copy of msns cease amd desist order against nsm/xmsn now known as buzzen, essentially they were upset about the msn butterfly and other images being shown while offering msn chat services. They made no mention to us of using msns ocx.

Funny part is that kid mohamed thinks that it was connection software alone that built it.

Edited by Shagman

MSN lost chatters because they decided to charge for a service that didn't have enough demand for it. Through better marketing of their free chat they could have done much better.. to bad they hate google.. google ads on msn free chat would have made a killing lol. And actually MSN never really did charge for chat. They charged for other services and chat was thrown in free. Makes me think they had planned this all along. If they had made you pay for actually chatting then you would have had recourse when they shut it down after so many ppl paid. ah well. MSN for ya.