MSN Clone Discussion

err0r

Trust me, it's actually quite fun to flog a dead horse. Especially when people are promoteing that dead horse for the work it didn't do. When the ass(msn), I'm sorry, donkey, did it.

Stop saying they did so much work, and I'll stop whipping it.

well msn isnt issueing any refunds for the people that signed up for subscription chat...........they havent even as much emailed its subscribers to let them know about the closings so if msn dosent have to own up to its agreement then why should its users worry about legality's on thier part........anyone watch that movie about bill gates and steve jobbs on tv?.........i did and bill gates did his share of software piracy ........that guy is a total scumbag :taz:

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well msn isnt issueing any refunds for the people that signed up for subscription chat...........they havent even as much emailed its subscribers to let them know about the closings so if msn dosent have to own up to its agreement then why should its users worry about legality's on thier part........anyone watch that movie about bill gates and steve jobbs on tv?.........i did and bill gates did his share of software piracy ........that guy is a total scumbag :taz:

I don't care if someone uses MSN's ocx. Personally, MSN was and is a piece of, you know. The only problem I have is when people say that they have done so much work on a MSN clone chat. You took someone elses work. Big toughy to do that. Don't praise an msn clone and say the amount of users is due to YOUR hard work. No, it's due to the same laziness that led these people to use the msn ocx. People don't want to change or learn anything new. That is basically the only reason half these clones are still up. Due to the chatters inflexibility.

And I'll be glad if they are. MSN clones are fine with me also. I won't use them myself, but they are okay with me. As I have said I was just annoyed with the "I did alot of work setting up this MSN clone.".

Going back to basics, a website is a concept, a chatsite is a website which has chat incorperated, so i suppose it could be considered (regarding the ocx) why re-invent the wheel. However, i still think a fresh approach would be good.

VSIXc has this, i should have said also.

Edited by Spooky

why re-invent the wheel.

Why reinvent the wheel? They may have never reinvented the wheel, but they have improved it. There is no way my low profile tires are going to work on my blazer so I can go mud running.

Upgrade, Update. Plain and simple, do your own work.

I'm sure no one on here is going to say ripping a script is okay, then whats the difference with an ocx. Even if it is MSN's. lol

Edited by Xaggeration

As i said, maybe people are working on new things, but in life things dont happen over night. I was merely stating facts as i see them and not turning this into a 2 way discussion or conversation. I dont condemn what your saying, just ask you to keep an open mind :-)

And as I have said, I would be really glad if they are working on other things(ocx). And that I have absolutely no problem with them useing the ocx. Just don't take credit for others work.

And the 2-way convo gives the rest of the forum more to read. It's an open forum. If others wanted to jump in the convo, they can and will.