Accusations Of Ripping

Deanne

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I got to see Chains opening comments that started the whole "me" topic on his "Site". What a joke! This guy is so full of lies.

"Well i havent been on much and today i decided to pop in the script rooms, and to my surprise i get to hear soulfly is a RIpp of Dabba's Connection Moschino[FlashBuzzen]"

So he HEARD it was. Well I heard a lot of stuff in my time, doesn't mean it's the truth. How about some proof?

" Well I knew it from the beginning and told people that Travis is a User ..."

Actually Chain reviewed SoulFly and stated that he heard it was a rip but couldn't find any proof of it. Thanks Chain!! Course 2 weeks later he says this ....

"...he used cryton and keeps proving himself over and over again. "

This is a sad lie that keeps coming up over and over. These people don't understand "Cryton" and I were like best friends. He taught me so much. I credited him for that in SoulFly Im sure you've seen it. So Im making my SoulFly for VSIXc and Cryton gets mad at me for using the mIRC nicklist. I say mad affectionately. He was upset. He demanded I use his Nicklust nicklist. So I modified it to my tastes and did. Chain, however, thinks I ripped it... That was over a year ago btw where Cryton has told him on his own all this. But he wants it for ammunition. So ... ANOTHER LIE!

"Now you all say geeeez Chain thats harsh, well I know this person from MSN days and he did this to a lot of people, and continues to,"

What are you talking about? Who? Give some examples please. I know you can't because SoulFly for VSIXc was my first release. So who could I have ripped?? NOONE SINCE I NEVER RELEASED ANYTHING! ANOTHER LIE!

" Travis was banned from here for these reasons and only for Cryton I had unbanned him! "

Another lie. I idled in Chains room on msn and tested a room take which worked quite well. I unbanned everyone but they were mad, so Keith "PureBullDog" and "Datto" and "princess Jessy" went around spreading lies about me to get me banned from as many rooms as possible. They also did this to Paige and Amy. So I got banned for going to Chains forum to ask them to stop harassing us. I was accused of "causing drama." As for being unbanned? My ISP changed my IP. That's all. So there are 2 LIES!!

"Well travis in my Books your banned again and will have no chance for your story lines on here! "

Actually, it turns out he suspended my account not banning me, but why is he talking to me if Im banned and cant read it? lol

"And to his followers good luck, as he will also toss you away on the side one day."

#1 I don;t have followers, I have friends.

#2 I don't toss my friends to the side. They can all atest I am very loving and loyal.

So these are the lies that started his whole post. Really sad. Im sure noone will dispute this either. This topic will die out, which is good. And these people will go on thinking what they want, but the good people who have read this topic will know what is right and what isn't.

On one side you have a crew of drama mongers who have banned me from their forums to talk bad about me and my work. They have spread lies which I have to hear about in chat from people who act so righteous and right ...

On this side, I have had the chance to take what little evidence they had and explain how it clearly is not a rip and that they have done nothing but spread lies.

Im waiting for a rebuttal! I'm waiting for someone with some class and/or honour to stand up and prove me wrong. If all you say is true it should be rather easy to do! But, if you have nothing to say, it proves that all you did was spread lies about me and talked bad about my friends. How can you justify yourselves?

I personally think all the good people who agree with me should boycott Chains forum and Moschino. They don't deserve the respect I once had for them.

Edit: Nah, boycotting's a bit much. Everyone should do what they feel is best.

Edited by Travis

Boycotting won't be difficult for me. I have no interest in visiting them--I didn't visit those forums before, and I won't again. I have no use for the hurtful, abusive, and malicious behaviour that goes on at them. To stamp out lies and show the truth was the only reason I ventured into them this past week.

Although I do think people, by default of being people, deserve basic human respect - and that means to treat each other with compassion, understanding, and to not intentionally going out of ones way to cause pain. Unfortunately chains discussion was simply meant to cause Travis pain.

--I don't like to that.

Take care Travis. You've done a great job on SoulFly.

I'm waiting for someone with some class and/or honour to stand up and admit they were wrong. :) A public admission from the accusers, that they were wrong about SoulFly being a rip of Moschino, would go along way in regaining some of the lost respect.

Edited by Deanne

i would like to add a personal statement about Chain. I've never had any issues with Chain and in the few instances where we have communicated he has been nothing but respectful. Like the accusations against Travis i really don't like to see any about Chain or his site either. While I do disagree with how some of the mods acted that is his site and over the years myself and other mods have gotten a little carried away. I don't recall a point where we went to the extreme of some of the personal insults i've seen but none of us are perfect. There is only one truth i know and it is this:

Travis, Gwen, Dabba, and Chain have worked very hard to help the public and haven't asked for anything in return.

In my opinion all deserve a high degree of respect for what they have accomplished. The ripping idea isn't new. We've all been through it. It's not limited to scripters, us web designers get our fair share too. It's ok to disagree and for most of the main characters in this little battle, they have already made up their minds as to who is right and who is wrong. I wish it could have been done with a bit more respect on both sides. I think it's time to agree to disagree and move on. Some much gets said and spread on the net so fast. Just a few weeks ago Chain was under the impression that my main goal in life was to destroy Chain and his site. To me it's the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard but as Chain didn't really know me he had to wonder about the statements being made. Luckily we got to talk it over before it was hashed out in the public and found out the statement had no merit. it's easy to take something small that is said and see it blown up all over the net and twisted into something else all together.

I have a very bad habit of thinking the best about people and it sometimes bites me in my posterior but i'm content in the fact that i haven't gotten to the point where i think the worst of a person before i get to know them. There are more than a few ppl out there that don't like me but the ones that don't have never had any real interaction with me. How can you hate someone you don't know lol. I'm ok with that. I've taken stands and done things on TG that have rubbed some the wrong way but everything i've done, i've done thinking it was the truth or the best thing. I've seen some posters on both sides of this issue say some things that were way out of line. In a debate, if your point has enough merit you don't have to result to name calling and degrading another person to the extent i've seen. To all it's time to move on and concentrate on your projects instead of this drama (although it's pretty good for me and my ad revenue :P)

i would like to add a personal statement about Chain. I've never had any issues with Chain and in the few instances where we have communicated he has been nothing but respectful. Like the accusations against Travis i really don't like to see any about Chain or his site either. While I do disagree with how some of the mods acted that is his site and over the years myself and other mods have gotten a little carried away. I don't recall a point where we went to the extreme of some of the personal insults i've seen but none of us are perfect. There is only one truth i know and it is this:

Travis, Gwen, Dabba, and Chain have worked very hard to help the public and haven't asked for anything in return.

In my opinion all deserve a high degree of respect for what they have accomplished. The ripping idea isn't new. We've all been through it. It's not limited to scripters, us web designers get our fair share too. It's ok to disagree and for most of the main characters in this little battle, they have already made up their minds as to who is right and who is wrong. I wish it could have been done with a bit more respect on both sides. I think it's time to agree to disagree and move on. Some much gets said and spread on the net so fast. Just a few weeks ago Chain was under the impression that my main goal in life was to destroy Chain and his site. To me it's the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard but as Chain didn't really know me he had to wonder about the statements being made. Luckily we got to talk it over before it was hashed out in the public and found out the statement had no merit. it's easy to take something small that is said and see it blown up all over the net and twisted into something else all together.

I have a very bad habit of thinking the best about people and it sometimes bites me in my posterior but i'm content in the fact that i haven't gotten to the point where i think the worst of a person before i get to know them. There are more than a few ppl out there that don't like me but the ones that don't have never had any real interaction with me. How can you hate someone you don't know lol. I'm ok with that. I've taken stands and done things on TG that have rubbed some the wrong way but everything i've done, i've done thinking it was the truth or the best thing. I've seen some posters on both sides of this issue say some things that were way out of line. In a debate, if your point has enough merit you don't have to result to name calling and degrading another person to the extent i've seen. To all it's time to move on and concentrate on your projects instead of this drama (although it's pretty good for me and my ad revenue :P)

I agree. If you don't know someone/some people you can't really make a good judgement about them. When you script there is only so many ways one can code something to do something in particular, and to say that one bit of coding belongs specifically to one person is rediculous. It is like making on on text event, and saying that someone stole the "on *:TEXT:*:#:" part of the coding. If anyone has a right to complain about having codes stolen it is khaled, the creator of mIRC. We just borrow his coding to make our own scripts. I haven't had a very good chance yet to try out the buzzen soulfly, yet. However, from what I've seen it is an awesome script. Travis has worked very hard on it. It is easy to throw a script together, but it isn't as easy when you take your time, and do it the right way. From what I've seen of Travis he has done it the right way.

Well i know this isn`t any big deal or love lost to anyone on here,but im leaving this site..due to that lotta ppl on here seems Travis is right and Chain and Dabba is wrong,i my self agree with Dabba and Chain,so adios TechGear...................... :pizza::cheers:

Luke thanks for giving us the heads up but if you would have taken the time to look this has nothing to do with techgear. I'd like to remind everyone this isn't a war between techgear, chain, and dabba. This is a public debate of a very hot topic in our related fields. Anyways take care and good luck.

This was brought here as travis got banned from chains So he cant defend himself on there.

But anyways. Travis has worked hard and some people just cant respect that

Edit: Luke remember your always welcome back here:)

Edited by morph3us