New Buzzen Auth

Psych

Hi, I did all that, the md5 routine returns the same byte sequence as that website, however, I am sending the bytes, not the hex string that the website gives you.

I still get the erroneous nickname thing.

I went to the irc server and logged in, I got a message about nick Guest_Guest being in use, so I changed my nickname there (it was appearing as a jumble for some reason). After that I could join fine.

Next I tried to connect again with the bot, still get the erroneous nickname. I get this returned before I do the USER nic nic nic thing.

I'm at a loss to explain it.

I did find something while poking around, on the webpage source of the new chat theres a variable that reads like this.. fvTicket=ao7YC9wpefgsegtrthsrthrhrh ..now i'm not sure what that actually is but I cannot find anything else on the page to do with user info. The old chat used to have your cookie in the renderchat call. Now if you could auth just using that ticket, that would be alot easier, lol.

Anyway, I'll keep trying.

1. you need to send it in hex, not bytes. If you are using mirc then current version has md5$ function.

2. don't post your session info in public.

Edited by Ozzy10

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

strange that yahoo cause a few have said its allways down

they have been complaining that v1 isnt working correctly and v2 is allways down

least thats the complaints i have seen

they are going through some growing pains i'm sure. i say give em a break during the transition. So many of us were hard on them about using the ocx and now they are trying to move away they are still getting fussed at. I know everyone wants a stable system but it takes time to work bugs out. Just give them awhile and see what happens. I'm not using their service so i can't really say much about their uptime. I can say they are at least trying to please their users ( as far as i've seen ). Just give them a bit of time.

Rubbish? Pfft.

I was bored last night and decided to pop by a freinds room on Buzzen. It was empty as usual. So I want to one of the Espresso bars. I asked whay the new version looked the same as the old one and was told the new was down, and that it was down more then up. THAT was from users in Buzzen. I was also not trying to bash you, as i do realise it takes hard work and time to get this stuff right. I was making an observation based on what I saw. Sorry if I tinkled in your cheerios.

:angel:

I confirm what Yahoo said : it's only down for server updates and it doesn't last long, 2 minutes is the average. I don't know why you've been told that it was more down than up! There is for sure still a certain amount of bugs but those server reboot are the consequences of the bug fixes and it is surely not more down than up :o

all good things take time and trial and erorr ect...

we was all there at one time or another, Buzzen is going thout the same thing but at a much larger scale

what there doing isnt nothing like a mirc script trying to get it to join a msn room

look back and rember the old days

what was new to us was hard and very little help

Buzzen is going thou the same thing

new ocx and trying to get away from old habbits of repaeting same mistakes that was worked out in msn's ocx er wait didnt they also update and dc peeps

i see them trying as hard as msn did if not harder

i think they need a brake and maybe instead give them some encoragment

there new ocx ect... they have added soemthings that msn refused to even try

like right click option for +q with reg peeps

host helper (silver hammer)

super owner (cant even be kicked from there room if they made it

humm msn could have learnd a thing or 2 i think

and buzzen could have learnd as much also from msn

anyways i wish them the best of luck