New Buzzen Auth

Psych

Well, having not read this thread for a while I was surprised to find so many replies, none of the latter ones are on topic, either. Still, as long as we all get our say. I find it interesting that the people defending buzzen are the ones contracted to work for them, but thats only my observation, thier own forums are the same.

Personally I think buzzen made an error in moving away from the msn ocx, it worked well and everybody was familiar with it, and it wouldn't bother me that it wasn't my own ocx, I guess some people are just sensitive. I've never had issues with chat server providers using the ocx, and I can't really see the argument of other people that do have a problem with it. I think buzzen would be better off putting time, effort and money into increasing stability of it's network, improving connections and reducing lag. And while we are the subject, I think the new chat they have sucks, it has little to no security and I'm guessing the naughty people of chat are already taking advantage of that.

Buzzen is a victim of it's own success, the more it grows the worse it seems to become, I remember Espressobar having 40 chatters was considered a busy time, but there were no major issues.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i have to agree with Psych in away also

but i also see buzzen trying to get the independace

i have found a few major flaws in there new ocx

and yes the BAD people could find them also or not

but what ever server there is them bad people will always be there

i guess thats were your service admin ect... should come in and do there job acordingly

sorry for the spelling i have no excuse;s

Well I wasn't defending them. I just know how far along they came, from the old xmsn days until now. I've been there since the start, I like how they are going somewhere beside using the msn ocx, that died when msn closed.

Edited by Molson™

Guest Travis

Yeah, you gotta let them work the bugs out. Buzzenv2 is cool I guess. I prefer the stability and quality with VSIXc. I don't think they will ever really attain that level at BuzzenV2 using FlashIRC. But its cool. Nice emotes and some cool features. :)

/server -m irc.buzzen.net 6667

/raw loginh <email> $md5(password)

Now, getting a room list isn't as simple.

I like the way you can get all user gates on the channel in 1 call, however getting gender information and profile status is still a mystery to me. I'm sure all will become clear over time.

Either way, if we still want to chat on buzzen, we'll have to get used to it, lol.

it has little to no security and I'm guessing the naughty people of chat are already taking advantage of that.

msn ocx had security issues too and much worse, for example: it was possible to crash the whole browser and sometimes that crashed windows too, buffer-overflow issues, cloning, unkickables, etc...

So far we had no critical security issue like buffer-overflow. And any security issue that was rated as high was patched within 24hrs.

geez i have always been one to say using the msn ocx is a bad idea and although Psych doesn't seem to recall any valid arguments i've seen plenty on why using the msn ocx is not a good idea. I have no ties whatsoever to buzzen. I see them moving in a positive direction and think they deserve a bit of credit as well as understanding that the process is going to have bumps. As i've stated before i don't chat on the network. I visited it a week or so ago and looked at the new chat and thought it was pretty good. I entered a room called coffeehouse i believe. It had 64 users and was active. But as wiley pointed out, the best way to know how things are is to ask the ppl that chat there all the time. Not the staff. They are gonna be biased. That's just the way it is. But you have to remember there are also those that like to piss and moan no matter what. You have to just overlook those ppl. Anyways i really have no dog in this fight so to speak. I personally think VSIXc is the way to go :P