New Buzzen Auth

Psych

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez. Don't any of you read documentation on IRC (http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1459.txt)

Command: USER

Parameters: <username> <hostname> <servername> :<realname>

You don't really have to give the correct perameters, most IRC servers with do a DNS lookup on you anyway.

Most people just send it like this:

USER <nickname> <nickname> <nickname> :<some text to identify their script or client>

I would send something like this:

' I'm using a VB example since you mentioned a client instead of mIRC

strNickname = "Tewl"

strEmail = "[email protected]"

strPassword = "pasword1234"

socket.SendData "AUTHTYPE ircwx1" & vbCrLf

' MD5 is my function for converting a String to a MD5hash

socket.SendData "LOGINH " & strEmail & " " MD5(strPassword) & vbCrLF

socket.SendData Replace("USER nick nick nick :vb buzzen client","nick",strNickname) & vbCrLf

DO NOT PUT YOUR PERSON INFORMATION IN THIS COMMAND! IT IS VISIBLE TO OTHER USERS.

In addition, FlashIRC is nothing more than an IRC server with a custom login system. There are a few other differences but nothing that would require a complete rewrite of a parser. As I stated in my earlier reply, they haven't finished working out all the bugs so do expect some errors.

I don't check the boards very often so if you have anymore questions or need any other help you can find me on irc.koach.com in #developers

Edited by Tewl

Today I'm playing about with encyption, and it raises a few more questions.

I'm assuming that the new system still uses a linefeed/carraige return pair to delimit server data, if this is the case what's stopping the algorithm method from returning those characters? Wouldn't this confuse the whole login process?

I've not encountered that problem, I've not connected yet, just thought I'd throw it out there.

Thanks Tewl for givin me the raws, I'm gettin further now (I think, lol). And yes, I did try to find out the auth methods for flashirc, but all I could get was a mirc connection script, and that's all dutch to me. The flashirc website doesn't give any data on this either (I got that from helpdesk). besides, if we discuss it all here other people can find most of the information in one thread, so it's all good. lol

I just tried to auth and i get this...

I sent: AUTHTYPE ircwx1

I got back: FlashIrcServer.1 NOTICE AUTH :*** IRCwx 1.x auth type set.

I sent: LOGINH <my email> <utf8 string of my password md5 hashed>

I got back: FlashIrcServer.1 NOTICE AUTH :*** authentication failed: bad password or erroneous nickname...

I've tried ascii and utf8 encoding.

Sth for the erroneous nick

A lot of ppl have that same problem ( i had it and also ppl with plain nicks get it). Sign in beta , go to edit yr nickname and just paste there cur's nick from yr room. Then save it. If it affects most accounts it prolly affect's cur's account too so may not be bot related but just the usual bug.

Then again I may just be babbling here .

Hi, I did all that, the md5 routine returns the same byte sequence as that website, however, I am sending the bytes, not the hex string that the website gives you.

I still get the erroneous nickname thing.

I went to the irc server and logged in, I got a message about nick Guest_Guest being in use, so I changed my nickname there (it was appearing as a jumble for some reason). After that I could join fine.

Next I tried to connect again with the bot, still get the erroneous nickname. I get this returned before I do the USER nic nic nic thing.

I'm at a loss to explain it.

I did find something while poking around, on the webpage source of the new chat theres a variable that reads like this.. fvTicket=ao7YC9wpeQKGY7Y3%2fa2R ..now i'm not sure what that actually is but I cannot find anything else on the page to do with user info. The old chat used to have your cookie in the renderchat call. Now if you could auth just using that ticket, that would be alot easier, lol.

Anyway, I'll keep trying.

Just an update, I still cant auth on the new server, I am still waiting for it to change over too, maybe they realised it's rubbish and have abandoned it (if only).

I tried sending the md5 thing as an actual string of the hex values too, I tried this with and without the leading zero on values less than 16, still nothing. I even tried putting my nick instead of the email.

Maybe it will all work when it goes on the main server. I must be doing something wrong as I know that scripts are connecting. Do any scripts have a server trace thing that shows the raw data? That would be handy to have a look at. I am resisting the tempation so far to download mirc, I really don't want to learn a new language just yet.

Anyway, thanks for your help so far, I'll keep playing, lol.