New Buzzen Auth

Psych

Hi again.

Buzzen are announcing that the ocx they are using is goin to become obselete in a day or two, they now are using some sort of flash irc. Problem is I dont know how to connect to the new server. I'm sure you have to do a MD5 encryption on yur login details but thats all anyone seems to know.

Does anyone know if all the RAWS are going to be different?

I have got the feeling that I'll need to rewite my entire parse routine.

Before I get pointed at links for script connections, I am using raw sockets and a VB application to connect, not mIRC. I know nothing at all about using mIRC, I dont even have it installed.

Thanks in advance for your help peeps.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure the raws are the same after auth (I'm not sure tho), it's the auth that is the problem, if i can connect I can sort it out trial and error. At the moment the standard m$n auth doesn't work (they have another system for authentication). What would be useful is a server trace of the auth process (simular to the one webby gave us for m$n).

I'm not too sure about the auth but some scripters have made bots for it. I recently downloaded FlashCon from ww.moschino.org.uk. You can check it and it may help you on how the bot is connecting. I think there's another one called Napalm Bv2 somewhere too. And at the moment I can't seem to join their helpdesk, it is on invite or something.

And at the moment I can't seem to join their helpdesk, it is on invite or something.

Try the CoffeeHouse not the helpdesk as that appears to be one of the bugs ( the being on invite only).

FlashIRC authentication is very simple.

On connect send the following data.

AUTHTYPE ircwx

LOGINH <email you signed up with> <md5hash of the password>

USER <blah> <blah> <blah> :<blah>

You will have to make some adjustments to the connection to filter out the font information in user's text.

There are a lot of issues with this new system right now, you will see this after spending some time connected.

My opinion is set yourself up something that is basic until the server is running stable and bug free.

Hope this helps ~Tewl