Sparkpea & Buzzen

Guest Johnson

'numbers don't make a room popular'. As in they don't attract chatters

I dont know about anybody else but for me it doesnt work that way, if I look at a roomlist and I see 10 rooms with only 3 people in it and I see a room with 50 then I will try the busy room, numbers do attract imo because if everyone is in that busy room it must be fun to be in. You need active hosts to keep people around for chatting, you need the hosts to talk in the room and not whisper all the time or idle 24/7.

I mean who's going to chat just for idling? yes to keep open a room if you are a room owner, but visitors dont come to idle, they come to chat and if the room is dead they move on, logical to me.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I've just had this same debate somewhere else, about the benefits of parking nicks to increase room numbers.

Your pretty much right in what you say, people are attracted to people, works the same in the real world, people will tend to occupy the bars and clubs where the most people go, its human nature.

Keeping chatters is another matter, I mean 50 people in a room not talking wont encourage anyone to hang around, you need to have people greeting them, etc.

Of course, you need to get them through the door first, so yes, I am in favour of trying to up room numbers to make a room more attractive.

I dont care, filling your room with 20 nicks is cheesy and when someone joins and see's 20 guest nicks and noone talking they will leave just as if there was only 3.

Guest X-Fusion

No, there were regular flooders that used subscribed passports to make their room appear busier then it actually was. Then when people showed up, they decided to hang around cuz they figured more traffic would come through.

But, yeah .. there were those lamers with the guest flooders that had no idea what they were doing ..

Dear Shagman,

Hi, my name is X-Fusion. I'm the quality control expert here at Techgear007. It has come to my attention that your incosistent babling has caused dizziness and ditziness amongst yourself and other users. To counteract this problem, I'm sending you 80 cc's of MSN narcotics. This is an over the counter drug that you can pick up from any clone site. In fact, it's at an abudance, and the price right now is at $50. Once you take your 80 cc's, please check back in 3 days with your findings and how you feel.

Thank you,

X-Fusion

Quality Control Expert

ROFL Amen @ X-Fusion

If "THE CHAT THAT WE DARE NOT SPEAK IT'S NAME" was not in it for the money why do they charge! I hate clone sties because they are illegal. I love it at VSIXc because it is legal. And the updates are great. I have found nothing I dislike about VSIXc. I do think anyone who trys it

would stay and the best part is it will be around forever, IRCx is not in for the money as some are. If they say they are not, why chage 50 bucks to register a room on there server, hm well i guess jay can talk his way around that! IRXc just wants to supply a chat server for people to chat on legally and safe! Well what can you say when you like a server, don't mean to bash the others but I bashed MSN so I guess it's because they look to much like MSN chat, because they use MSN software! I hate to see, you are ban from msn chat! or get MSN staff when you type /credits it is like i'm stuck in a time! and can't get way from MSN. It's a nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It to is a shame to see so many so called Christian supporting these illegal chat servers! Well will just have to keep this in prayer! If any Christian read this rethink what you are doing. and to one out there there is not illegal programs or software on my computer! I read this is some other post where they tryed to say people have illegal software in there computers reaching for a reason to make this right, but they need to remember you can not make it right even iif someone did this is between you and God! GBU all Servant Peace

Edited by servant