Sparkpea & Buzzen

Guest Johnson

I've avoided posting in this threads ( other than maybe once or twice and usually OFF TOPIC lol). I am a Buzzen chatter, did some hosting there a few months back ( yes ozzy, the anti-staff ili broke her own rules-won't happpen again, trust me on that lol ).

Most chatters are attracted to Buzzen ( how I see it anyways) bacause it looks like MSN do damn much. For someone who started chatting in MSN , never used a script, finds most things that have to do with chat quite a task, moving from MSN to Buzzen/Phreik/other msn ocx places was only too easy. I used to chat at CUSA and getting used to it wasn't easy at first. But i did get used to it and liked the place. People I tried to get to chat there though didn't actually return after their initial visit.

Vsixc ( do sth about the name plz, i can't even type it right without looking at Gwen's siggy) is a great place. I've shown my mug around there a few times. What stops me from going more often is the lack of..chatting. I go and at times end up idling for 10-15 hours cause every time I look in room ( Lobby) no one says anything. I scroll back in the morning and all that was typed was a few lnes in dutch, a few in english and that's it. No, it will not be always like that, I know it won't. But unless it gets a bit busier I'll continue going just to say hello to people I know in there.

Ok..last bit was a bit off topic lol. I'm not sure if Buzzen (and any chat network that will decide to start using their own ocx) will be as succesful in the future. I sure hope they will. But (as it has been said previously in a post) I fear some chatters will go looking for the next msn lookalike. And that's something Vsixc ( checking Gwen's siggy again *sigh*) and other networks with own ocx will not have to worry about.

P.S. The whole cloning debate in here ( cause no, a debate to this extent does not happen in Buzzen) gave me some insight as to what's legal and what not. I'm not stupid, I see your point Gwen. But still, I will continue chatting there (and offering suggestions for further improvement even) for now because..it's busier than most chat places i know. It's as simple as that really.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest X-Fusion

Indeed VSIXc can be quiet at times, but, idling for 10-15 hours without someone saying anything is a bit steep. I agree, VSIXc isn't the busiest place, but, that's because people go there, see no one talking and figure 'eh, dead server.' In all reality, the lobby shouldnt be the basis of an opinion. There are plenty of other rooms there with people talking, and probably more-so dutch, but, more rooms nonetheless. The way I see it, people that are attracted to the clone sites are either long time MSN chatters that have to much time on their hands, or, people that are looking for a quick fix and like to deal with all the hassles of good ol' MSN.

I'm also aware the majority of chatters is in english on alot of these sites, and they're based either out of America or Canada. That's another thing that draws users away from VSIXc. The lack of english chatters. Keep in mind, this server is based out of Europe(Belgium) and thats where a majority of the chatters come from. The primary chatters are from Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands and a few scattered places in Europe. As most know, the majority of people in these countires do not speak english, so, what do you expect to see in a server thats run from Europe, and draws alot of European users. Granted, I can understand alot of people seeing how people on the server don't talk much, and I agree, it's not like the days of MSN chat. But, it makes scripting fun, and in my opinion, thats a whole lot more fun then going to the same server everyday that looks just like something you did 3 months ago.

So, in conclusion, the reality is clones are dominate right now. Theres no denying that fact. Whether people like it or not is a different story. Alot packed up and went to the clones due to the fact that their rooms moved there. Alot just followed what other people said. Some just went because of the MSN advertisements. Yea, I believe there are some that actually like the feel of the whole MSN ocx on the scattered clone servers, and I believe they'll be popular for awhile longer. So, the need to argue or debate about clone servers should just end. We all know they're popular, nobody cares about whether using the OCX is legal, and people chat where they wanna chat. Leave it at that, don't debate on the clone issue. Don't debate on the OCX. Chat where you are and enjoy it. [/rant]

I agree that the clones will probably be popular for a while longer, but I think they've seen their peak now, or close to it. Now that the panick of finding a chat service is over, people are beginning to look around, think about what they want, and more and more are migrating away from the clones because they are tired of seeing MSN chat on bans, or don't like paying the a registered room fee, or don't like some of the clone problems. Some are even leaving because they have realized what a clone is, and they just don't like the idea of supporting a clone--especially when there are other good options out there.

And I agree that alot of people moved over to buzzen because they were following a room that moved there, and alot of rooms simply followed a few other rooms. After MSN announced their closure, all I heard around MSN was 'where are you going' The word buzzen came up, and most flocked there in some kind of panick, without even realizing it was a clone, or thinking if they really wanted to chat on an illegal clone, and risk having msn shut down the clones webchat on them too..

In fact, my email had several requests to update CE for buzzen and phreik, and that was the first I realized that clones were still being used lol. I assumed they would have died out long ago as most of the people I knew were disgusted with them, and mocked them cloning MSN. But....it was like no one stopped to think about where they wanted to move, or for what reasons, or if they previously disliked clones or not.

I was utterly shocked to see people who a couple of years ago were 100% against clones and trying to get them shut down, were now setting up their rooms on a clone and denying that buzzen was a clone BECAUSE THEY SAW MSN ADVERTISE BUZZEN, and thought MSN supported buzzen. Some of these people continue to insist that buzzen is perfectly legal because that is what buzzen help desk tells them. Though more and more are realizing their error and boycotting it.

As for VSIXc --it continues to grow at a slow but steady pace. The statistics are consistently up from where they had been. And yes a few chatty rooms attract alot of people, but ultimately it is up to the chatters to bring their room and their people. As each new room move in, the number of people going room to room checking things out increases.

VSIXc has provided an awesome server, with an amazing webchat, friendly staff and regulars, and a fun scripting experience--after doing all that, it is up to the chatters to make use of all that VSIXc offers.

I encourage you to come and show your support for the path VSIXc took in writing its own chat software instead of illegally using someone elses. Come visit VSIXc, set up a room, and bring your friends--do your part to make VSIXc a busy place. :)

I also want to add that VSIXc has also done a great job in making their whole chat easy to use. VSIXc is a nice blend of familiar comfort, and fresh new ideas. VSIXc is BOTH close enough to basic MSN style so that people can quickly feel comfortable and at ease, and yet VSIXc also provides a completly updated, and unique chat experience. VSIXc has achieved this balance in their own original way--with their own ocx, and adding many many improvements over what MSN offered.

Edited by Deanne

You could tell it was a clone because the address didnt have "msn" in it it ffs. Ppl know, and if they dont know they should be shot for stupidity. Noone can help that the average person who sits on the internet all day in chatrooms is a slack jawed yokal with no drive to move thier ass outside. How many times do you see the female chatters sayin "brb while I yell at the youngins for interupting my chat life"

You could tell it was a clone because the address didnt have "msn" in it it ffs. Ppl know, and if they dont know they should be shot for stupidity. Noone can help that the average person who sits on the internet all day in chatrooms is a slack jawed yokal with no drive to move thier ass outside. How many times do you see the female chatters sayin "brb while I yell at the youngins for interupting my chat life"

Shagman, alot of people are trusting and simply assume that because a site looks professional--it is professional. Alot of people just don't realize that a professional looking site can also be an illegal or irresponsible site.

What would cause an average, trusting chatter to think buzzen is an illegal clone, AFTER they saw MSN send buzzen ads? Probably nothing except someone like us bringing it up.

We just talked to another person today, a retired senior who is looking for a place to move a PAID buzzen room because he/she just heard buzzen is an illegal clone. They consider themselves gullible and trusting, and they were WRONGLY taken advantage of.

Now (because we didn't just let this issue die) they have all the information to decide if they WANT to support a clone, or not-- and they have decided that even though they sent $50 - they are looking for a new and LEGAL home. They don't want to support a clone.

Shagman, some of us read this message board a hundred times a day, so we ALL KNOW about the clones and are tired of hearing about them. But some people only visit the boards every few months, and if nothing updated is mentioned about all of this, they probably won't dig back several months to find it.

I think if we keeping pushing for this issue to die and jumping on anyone who brings it up, that we are doing the people who don't visit every day an injustice by not giving them a chance to discuss it when they do stop in. Maybe they have serious questions that our discussions answer, or maybe they will feel free enough to ask their questions if they see us continually be open and responsive to people who do bring the topic up.

At anyrate, it is oppressive when we try to pressure people into silence, just because we are selfishly tired of hearing about something. If we don't want to read about the clones, avoide the topics. In that way both the person who wants to discuss it, and the person who doesn't want to read about it are free to do their own thing.

Edited by Deanne

Indeed VSIXc can be quiet at times, but, idling for 10-15 hours without someone saying anything is a bit steep. I agree, VSIXc isn't the busiest place, but, that's because people go there, see no one talking and figure 'eh, dead server.' In all reality, the lobby shouldnt be the basis of an opinion. There are plenty of other rooms there with people talking, and probably more-so dutch, but, more rooms nonetheless. The way I see it, people that are attracted to the clone sites are either long time MSN chatters that have to much time on their hands, or, people that are looking for a quick fix and like to deal with all the hassles of good ol' MSN.

I'm also aware the majority of chatters is in english on alot of these sites, and they're based either out of America or Canada. That's another thing that draws users away from VSIXc. The lack of english chatters. Keep in mind, this server is based out of Europe(Belgium) and thats where a majority of the chatters come from. The primary chatters are from Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands and a few scattered places in Europe. As most know, the majority of people in these countires do not speak english, so, what do you expect to see in a server thats run from Europe, and draws alot of European users. Granted, I can understand alot of people seeing how people on the server don't talk much, and I agree, it's not like the days of MSN chat. But, it makes scripting fun, and in my opinion, thats a whole lot more fun then going to the same server everyday that looks just like something you did 3 months ago.

So, in conclusion, the reality is clones are dominate right now. Theres no denying that fact. Whether people like it or not is a different story. Alot packed up and went to the clones due to the fact that their rooms moved there. Alot just followed what other people said. Some just went because of the MSN advertisements. Yea, I believe there are some that actually like the feel of the whole MSN ocx on the scattered clone servers, and I believe they'll be popular for awhile longer. So, the need to argue or debate about clone servers should just end. We all know they're popular, nobody cares about whether using the OCX is legal, and people chat where they wanna chat. Leave it at that, don't debate on the clone issue. Don't debate on the OCX. Chat where you are and enjoy it. [/rant]

very well put X. i agree with you totally

Okay for those slack jawed yokals that dont understand. Hi Im shagman, I was one of the people that started nsm now known as buzzen. We always told people it was a chat site just "Like" msn, but i didnt invision it to be as stuck up with so many bs rules as msn had. It was a place to chat and open rooms for free, because thats what pIss3d us off about msn, it didnt let us make our own rooms any more. Lets face it those temporary free canadian rooms msn offerred were full of idiots. Apparently I say to much of what is on my mind. You should have seen the list of server rules that were established, it looked like a carbon copy of msn but the word was replaced with nsm instead. Err where was I going with this?

Guest X-Fusion

Dear Shagman,

Hi, my name is X-Fusion. I'm the quality control expert here at Techgear007. It has come to my attention that your incosistent babling has caused dizziness and ditziness amongst yourself and other users. To counteract this problem, I'm sending you 80 cc's of MSN narcotics. This is an over the counter drug that you can pick up from any clone site. In fact, it's at an abudance, and the price right now is at $50. Once you take your 80 cc's, please check back in 3 days with your findings and how you feel.

Thank you,

X-Fusion

Quality Control Expert

Dear Shagman,

Hi, my name is X-Fusion. I'm the quality control expert here at Techgear007. It has come to my attention that your incosistent babling has caused dizziness and ditziness amongst yourself and other users. To counteract this problem, I'm sending you 80 cc's of MSN narcotics. This is an over the counter drug that you can pick up from any clone site. In fact, it's at an abudance, and the price right now is at $50. Once you take your 80 cc's, please check back in 3 days with your findings and how you feel.

Thank you,

X-Fusion

Quality Control Expert

LOL