Sparkpea & Buzzen

Guest Johnson

Numbers mean nothing to me i prefer a room where users are friendly and welcoming, as with error i do not chat much spend alot of time with family and work and just use a room to run test on viper!

Without wanting to sound negative ( and without referring to Vsixc) if a room is dead there won't be anyone to welcome, greet you or talk to you, thus give you that 'friendly' feeling. I feel some of you have forgotten the basics of chat. It ain't scripting, cloning, posting even but ( in my humble and n00bish opinion) CHATTING. And if I can't chat, unless to myself, why bother go into chat? Yes, friendliness is a major issue these days. Getting a hello means a lot and yes, I'd rather go in a room of 5 and get a hello than a room or 95 and be totally ignored. But a mere hello just dun do it for me lol.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without wanting to sound negative ( and without referring to Vsixc) if a room is dead there won't be anyone to welcome, greet you or talk to you, thus give you that 'friendly' feeling. I feel some of you have forgotten the basics of chat. It ain't scripting, cloning, posting even but ( in my humble and n00bish opinion) CHATTING. And if I can't chat, unless to myself, why bother go into chat? Yes, friendliness is a major issue these days. Getting a hello means a lot and yes, I'd rather go in a room of 5 and get a hello than a room or 95 and be totally ignored. But a mere hello just dun do it for me lol.

If I'm around I try to make time to chat with people, even if I'm busy scripting, and I think alot are like that.

But one thing I've noticed consistently is that some people really seem to enjoy chatting, but for some reason alot of these same people seem unwilling to idle a bit in a room, and wait for other people who enjoy chatting to stop in.. I saw it alot on msn and also now at vsixc.

I can't count the number of times I look back on a chat screen, and find people who are VERY interested in chatting simply missing each other by only a minute or two. A room full of joins and parts only a moment or two apart in some cases.

I always end up thinking how sad that is to see people come in and out, and not wait around to meet up with the next people who are coming in only a few minutes after them. Unfortunately most seem to leave quickly and never even realize that 1 minute was all they missed 3 other chatters by.

True some days are quieter than others, but I find that in general if you lounge around a room for a bit, there are nearly always people coming and going who are only too happy to find someone there wanting to chat with them. :)

Edited by Deanne

But one thing I've noticed is that some people really seem to enjoy chatting, but for some reason alot of these same people seem unwilling to idle a bit in a room, and wait for other people who enjoy chatting to stop in..

Yup i see that alot as well perhaps users will realise one day and wait a while! maybe wen theres a blue moon lol!

Guest X-Fusion

To be honest, the height of free MSN chat had alot of younger people or kids even in the chatrooms. The internet was really in a sense getting to be advanced around that time, and it drew alot of people to chatting. Those people? Kids. They've grown up, moved up and are living their lives. Now, a new generation is coming in and it isn't kids. It's the 'now or nothing' generation. If you dont talk to them now, or don't respond quick enough, they dont wanna associate with you. Think about it. 3 years ago it was the MSN/AOL/Yahoo war. People picked the one with the best feel and most user friendly. Majority was MSN. That majority was kids. AOL really had the late teens-early 20's people. Yahoo had everything else. Now, where are you going to find kids in this time of year chatting? Nowhere. It's the people that are being re-introduced to chat and are following suit.

The reason kids are being introduced is due to the whole pedophile issues. If it's not pedophile, its hacking/malicious wares. So, to say that people go away from a server due to lack of talking would be correct. They don't wait around or pay attention to detail, they want it now or they dont ever want it.

Now, a new generation is coming in and it isn't kids. It's the 'now or nothing' generation. If you dont talk to them now, or don't respond quick enough, they dont wanna associate with you.

So, to say that people go away from a server due to lack of talking would be correct. They don't wait around or pay attention to detail, they want it now or they dont ever want it.

I agree, it seems to be a generation full of narcissists. They don't want to put anything into a chatroom, but they expect people there waiting to serve their every chatting desire--immediatly.

I say it's fair to get out what you put in :) If people don't wait around to chat with anyone else, they really don't deserve to find anyone waiting there to chat with them. Sometimes I intentionally look away when a someone like that comes in--and it only takes a split second till they leave again.

Edited by Deanne

I think thats a cute fantasy describing why they dont, but no, they are just the same old boring people who need to be entertained and don't know how to bring the party! I blame it on tv, and console video games.

they expect people there waiting to serve their every chatting desire--immediatly.

Yes offcource, atleast if I would really go for the chatting, I will look up a busy room where I have the biggest chance of a good convo or meeting an interesting chatter.. its not like I go into a dead room and try to make it alive.

Yes offcource, atleast if I would really go for the chatting, I will look up a busy room where I have the biggest chance of a good convo or meeting an interesting chatter.. its not like I go into a dead room and try to make it alive.

Funny you said that. Saw several posts* claiming 'numbers don't make a room popular'. As in they don't attract chatters ( whether they remain after the first visit is questionable).

*Not here, you just made me think of it.

Funny you said that. Saw several posts* claiming 'numbers don't make a room popular'. As in they don't attract chatters ( whether they remain after the first visit is questionable).

*Not here, you just made me think of it.

:) I guess some people like big busy rooms, and other people like quiet cozy rooms.

:) I guess some people like big busy rooms, and other people like quiet cozy rooms.

I was referring to what attracts the average chatter when checking out roomlists. I was basically agreeing with Webby. Now, if Webby (and me or whoever, I'm just expressing my opinion, Webby may disagree)) found that the busy room is too swallow or not offering quality chat ( rare these days) or (as you said) way too fast she would probably try a less busy room, but STILL busier than the odd 'me and my script plus an extra nick I brought in' room.