BuzzenChat

err0r

I respect your opinion on this matter and in some ways I agree. I personally don't care if they use the ocx legally or illegally.. What I care about is users having a place to chat that is going to be around. I don't like the way some of the buzzen staff have tried to skirt around questions instead of just answering them. I know the answers already and for them to misdirect the answers gets a little old sometimes. I also know there are a lot of people that just won't admit they are wrong. ( i remember a certain msn group taking that occured that was very similar to this ). I know the buzzen staff have worked hard and i think they see this as a slight to how hard they work. Sooner or later your posts just become the same old same old. It doesn't look as if they are going to admit anything they did was wrong. And it doesn't look like you are going to stop asking them to. I think now it's in the hands of MSN's legal staff and the law of the land to finish this discussion. If anyone has anything new to bring to the table on this by all mean do so but i think this subject has just about run it's course.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest X-Fusion
I agree with err0r. Its past time to just let this issue rest and let MSN legal take control (if they do.) I know your gonna say 'I'm not going to leave someone alone who uses or does something illegally.' Ok, the world was built off of illegal things. In fact, alot of the freedoms you have now are done because of illegality. Things done way back in the old times were pretty much illegal, but, they built the foundation of society. Who knows, maybe they're building the foundation of something great to come. Just leave it alone, because so far, the whole Buzzen forum has been about mis-using the ocx. So many people wanted a Buzzen forum. Is this why? Buzzen users atimated so hard for it, and all there is is about 4 topics in it.

I am also bored with the whole thing, in the main i have stopped reading the posts. In my opinion it has became way to personal, and not a general discussion. No-one cared about clone sites using the ocx before. My final note on this topic will be......its more 'sour grapes' from some, than constructive critisism.

I agree with err0r. Its past time to just let this issue rest and let MSN legal take control (if they do.) I know your gonna say 'I'm not going to leave someone alone who uses or does something illegally.' Ok, the world was built off of illegal things. In fact, alot of the freedoms you have now are done because of illegality. Things done way back in the old times were pretty much illegal, but, they built the foundation of society. Who knows, maybe they're building the foundation of something great to come. Just leave it alone, because so far, the whole Buzzen forum has been about mis-using the ocx. So many people wanted a Buzzen forum. Is this why? Buzzen users atimated so hard for it, and all there is is about 4 topics in it.

Does that mean Deanne will rest her case at last? lol I also agree with Ozzy that this topic promotes Buzzen's publicity even further.

sometimes you just have to face up and do what is right.. when i first started tg/err0r.vze i put every prog i could find for msn out. including flooders. After awhile I realized what i was doing was wrong. flooders served no purpose whatsoever.

Well, msn ocx issue is not exactly like flooders issue.

1. flooders disrupt users, while msn ocx provides an easy to use and friendly chat interface.

2. It's safer from user perspective to use msn ocx compared to ocx or exe developed by not so known developers (unless it's flash or ajax client).

As pointed out in our room by a chatter that this issue is like use of patched ocx. It was illegal but but most people used patched ocx to connect their bots and scripts to msn chat network.

Edited by Chuck

it's not about comparing ocx to flooders.. it's about deciding what's right and wrong and doing what you think is right..

Comparing users that used a patched ocx to connect to MSN chat and a site that uses the ocx to connect to a completely different chat isn't the same thing at all. You can keep misdirecting the point all you want but the bottom line is buzzen is wrong for using the ocx. They know they are wrong yet refuse to even imply such a thing. Like i said personally i don't care about the use of the ocx being legal or illegal.. but that doesn't mean i don't know that it's wrong. For you and others to keep trying to justify it is turning into a joke really. I mean come on.. How hard is it to just admit that using the ocx is a bad idea. Ya'll are holding onto your pride just a little too long here.

Guest XploziOn

To the ones responding to this topic -

If you found $2,500 laying in the road & looked around & noone was watching or seen you,

#1 - Would you keep it

#2 - Turn it in to the police

#3 - Wait for someone to claim it.

I tell ya right now if i found $2,500 laying in the road, i would definitely look around to see if anyone saw me pick it up, if they didn't it would be hard for me to turn it in. That goes the same way as this MSN OCX deal. Buzzen had access to this MSN OCX thats why they decided to go with it. In other words they stole it, they didn't ask permission to use it. (take it)

Edited by XploziOn

it's not about comparing ocx to flooders.. it's about deciding what's right and wrong and doing what you think is right..

Comparing users that used a patched ocx to connect to MSN chat and a site that uses the ocx to connect to a completely different chat isn't the same thing at all. You can keep misdirecting the point all you want but the bottom line is buzzen is wrong for using the ocx.

From the point of view of right and wrong, the comparison of patched ocx can't be ignored because both were/are illegal for the same reason. And how this comparison is misdirecting? What is wrong in pointing out that use of patched ocx was illegal too (imo worse) but people tolerated that and to used it for their connections.

If you found $2,500 laying in the road & looked around & noone was watching or seen you, would you keep it or turn it in the the police?

I would leave it.

Edited by Chuck

what is wrong with just saying buzzen's use of the ocx is wrong lol.. i've yet to see that.. all i see is buzzen supporters redirect saying hey this other thing is wrong what about that lol..