BuzzenChat

err0r

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

interesting convo........it sounds like a bunch of jealous lovers feuding over a woman........

Funny :) Well, Deanne is from VSIXc so maybe that has something to do with it.

Anyway, I'm not saying it is right to use the ocx without msn's permission, but buzzen is moving on replacing msn's ocx with their own (which is like msn's ocx with few extra features) . Not to mention, you will be able use client of your choice in buzzen's new system if it is compatible with Net-Bits.Net IRC Server's client template system. Supported clients include:

1. Buzzen chat control (activex control)

2. Flash chat client 1.0 (adobe flash based chat).

3. IRCwx web chat 2.0 (ajax based chat. You can check the preview version here: http://www.net-bits.net/flashchat20beta/chat.htm )

4. Net-Bits.Net chat control (activex control; preview in winter holidays this year).

5. ViperBot 4.0 (preview in winter holidays too this year).

6. cgi-irc client (perl based client; works with msntv2).

7. webtv/msntv2 built-in client support.

8. mirc

9. pirch

Buzzen gets 5000+ users in peak hours and 3000+ normally in off-peak hours. This is a very high load and difficult to handle even for well established irc server software available on the net. However, buzzen's new servers will run like a breeze against heavy load like this.

Buzzen's new chat website will have very cool new features that are mentioned on buzzen forum.

I'm not saying it is right to use the ocx without msn's permission

me either! Regardless of what buzzen says they are doing, they have built their webchat business by illegally using someone elses copyright chat ocx. Plus they are still currently doing this.

btw, err0r, you might want to take down your rip msn sign, cause everytime you get banned at buzzen, msn is brought back from the dead! The buzzen ban message is an MSN chat message stating you've been banned from all MSN chat. lol.

ps, don't forget to type in /credits on a buzzen (or any other msn clone site) and see that at the very least...they give credit to msn for their webchat.

Guest X-Fusion
Well, Deanne is from VSIXc so maybe that has something to do with it.

Since when does that have anything to play into? You might as well go into the middle of Bethlahem and tell a jesus joke. Someone being from a certain server doesnt mean anything. And this is getting really old, because its just going over and over. Let the topic seal off and die. Its becoming a never ending fairytale, and will be even if/when Buzzen creates their own ocx. Just let it go. I'm tired of reading or talking about anything to do with MSN. And dont tell me I can just avoid this topic, because every other topic here is turned into one similar to this.

Since when does that have anything to play into? You might as well go into the middle of Bethlahem and tell a jesus joke. Someone being from a certain server doesnt mean anything. And this is getting really old, because its just going over and over. Let the topic seal off and die. Its becoming a never ending fairytale, and will be even if/when Buzzen creates their own ocx. Just let it go. I'm tired of reading or talking about anything to do with MSN. And dont tell me I can just avoid this topic, because every other topic here is turned into one similar to this.

Hey x, as old as this story is to scriptors, believe it or not, there are still alot of regular chatters who simply don't know that buzzen is an illegal msn clone site. I talk to people everyday who have no clue, and they just can't believe it when they find out. It helps to send them to places like this to read about it.

And for the record if you want to bring 'where I chat' into things :) vsixc doesn't use the msn chat ocx, it uses its own. Plus it is a friendly chat service dedicated to providing high quality dependable chat--with no annoying ads! :) And if vsixc was an msn clone, I wouldn't be chatting there, and their name would be included with buzzen, in my negative remarks.

Edited by Deanne

Msn doesn't agree with you yahoo.

Maybe you could write to Msn and let them know it's actually okay for you guys at buzzen to build your webchat around the msn chat ocx?

Well i am sorry but you are wrong microsoft classes the ocx as an add on in internet explorer lol

I was pointing this out not in defence of any site but as a fact, i can even post a screen shot if you like lol!

Well i am sorry but you are wrong microsoft classes the ocx as an add on in internet explorer lol

I was pointing this out not in defence of any site but as a fact, i can even post a screen shot if you like lol!

Hi,

Thank you for writing back to Windows Live ID Technical Support.

As I have read your recent e-mail, I understand that you want to know if it is legal for other site to use MSN Chat ocx. My name is Omai and I am here to address your inquiry. I also apologize for the delay in response.

I would like to inform you that using MSN data files, including MSN Chat ocx, by any third party sites without any permission is illegal. They must receive permission first for them to use MSN Chat ocx.

The usage of MSN ocx of the sites www.buzzen.com and www.phreik.com is currently under investigation.

Thank you for bringing up this issue.

Sincerely,

Omai

Subject Matter Expert

Windows Live ID Technical Support

Yahoo, what is the point of cluttering up the issue by saying the msn chat ocx is an addon, except to sway people into thinking it is okay to use it at buzzen?

Clearly msn does not agree that buzzen enabling people to use the msn chat ocx at buzzen is legal.

Edited by Deanne