MSN Clone Discussion

err0r

I think buzzen is a pretty good chat service myself. I've been there once, and I liked it. However, my only concern about it is when msn shuts down what would that mean for buzzen since they use a clone of the msn chats ocx? If I can get this question answered, and if buzzen will keep going then I would start making some scripts, and addons for buzzen as well. Right now, I'm concentrating on VSIXc at the moment, because they have their own ocx, and won't be affected by msn's shutdown of chat service.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well its a good thing people have different opinions about Buzzen or there wouldnt be much to talk about. <wo0t>

well i come on here to find out about some script help for buzzen,cuz im checking out there site. i have checked out sparkpea. I'm tired of hearing all the bashing or bragging about these sites, heck if ya wanted a solid server go to like dalnet or criten on mirc where they have 2000 people in a room and you will see stable.But the people i have from my msn room dont like change they are used to the msn based stuff so can we please put something useful in this thread.After all i thought thats what this thread was for was to help people.

I think buzzen is a pretty good chat service myself. I've been there once, and I liked it. However, my only concern about it is when msn shuts down what would that mean for buzzen since they use a clone of the msn chats ocx? If I can get this question answered, and if buzzen will keep going then I would start making some scripts, and addons for buzzen as well. Right now, I'm concentrating on VSIXc at the moment, because they have their own ocx, and won't be affected by msn's shutdown of chat service.

MSN will either conitue hosting the ocx for archive legacy reasons or they will take it down and if any website hosts it themselfs they might get a C&D notice or somthing maybe.

Guest XploziOn

You do have a good point their warrior, thats why i stated before i was just working on basic scripts as of now for Buzzen , gonna wait untill after Msn's shutdown on oct 18, to see what happens. Then will hit full script mode on these projects. But i'm not trying to start an arguement about Buzzen, i'm just saying they have alot more users than other server's i've been on or have seen, people dont need to get so hostile when responding to these statements.

Guest X-Fusion
Not being hostile really. Just noting the fact that you havent been to any 'real' IRCD servers. I've seen rooms on EFNET go well over the 2000 user mark. Same with DALNET. There are alot more servers out. Just because they dont have webchat, doesnt mean they dont exist.

MSN will either conitue hosting the ocx for archive legacy reasons or they will take it down and if any website hosts it themselfs they might get a C&D notice or somthing maybe.

MSN should enforce their ocx as intended within EULA.

Maybe it's a good idea to charge fee on those who host it. I bet there would be a drop in the use of ocx if that happened.

Well the OCX isn't to do with MSNs client-end T&C so the EULA would be useless. Charging a fee wouldn't be right because its their propiatry software thats made for the "MSN Chat Service" and nothing else.

Edited by DigitalX

The controversy around Buzzen is that they used alot of people in their climb to be famous. So yeah you will find alot of pissed off people,whether it be the actual people or their friends that visited them while their services were being USED.

lol sounds like microsoft.... :lmaojump: