Another Msn Clone Bites The Dust

Shagman

Call it what ever you wanne call it...

WCN's up, with help of the staff.

And guess what, you don't need to be there.. You don't need to talk about it, nor even think about it.

So my request to the mods/admins of TG.. Can you close this sad topic? Thanks.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay fair enough. but theres something i dont understand.... maybe you can make it clearer for me

when wcn closed because of 'lack of funds', i assume you werent able to afford hosting and such. why didnt you cancel your hosting subscription with your provider rather than OPEN a brand new website called 'goodhosted' and incur in further charges such as domain registration etc?

im no expert but if i had a website, and couldnt afford to keep it running, i would take the website offline and cancel my hosting; NOT keep my hosting provider (and still get billed each month) and open a new website. you own like 30 domains, everyweek i see a new domain being created by you.

interzurf.com/.net/.org/.eu ; wcn-chat.com ; wcnchat.com ; goodhosted.com/.org/.eu/.net ; icu-chat.com ; SpritZRadio.com/.net

is your staffs 'donations' paying for all those other domains aswell?

also, on the goodhosted website... did you know it was illegal to remove the copyright on your shopping cart pages (http://goodhosted.com/shop/) , according to the "SHOP-SCRIPT" licence. refer to: http://www.shop-script.com/php-shopping-ca...-1-license.html

8. You have to keep a link (a banner with alt="Shopping cart software" or a text link "Shopping cart software") to www.shop-script.com website from all pages of your ecommerce system powered by the Software.
Edited by sirfunny

Guest X-Fusion

Childish. If you think it's terrible, report it to his hosting company. This has gone beyond ridiculous, your arguing about a chat network and how it recieved it's funding. Reminds me of the old Buzzen debate. I wonder when Gwen will come in and say it's unethical. :lol:

Edited by X-Fusion

lol you registered just to say that? anywho.. welcome to Techgear <wo0t> you are a valued member to Techgear and ask you to 'donate' in order to continue having the privilege of posting on these forums. lolol

like the other members have said in this post, it cant honestly cost more than a few euros/dollars a month to run wcn. the actual chat server is hosted on the guys computer, most likely in his bedroom so costs for that will be as its minimal. as for the hosting of the website, well if dennie cant afford to take a few euros EACH MONTH, from his pocket money to pay for the hosting then i dont think he should be running a website at all. again, i go back to my previous statement "your paying him to work for him" - compulsory or not.

call it what you like. donations, payments, wages, chocolate biscuits, food in dennies mouth, the green stuff --- whatever, it all mounts to the same thing - paying him to work for him.

Yeh sirfunny *-) I did join just to have my say *-) but thats the great thing isnt it? EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion ;)

And personally *-) I think you might need to get a hobby coz as flattering as it is that you think about us at WCN so much that you had to have your say on here and keep having your say (no matter how repeatedly :S) suggests you love us secretly :$ awww we love you too sirfunny :$ ;)

okay fair enough. but theres something i dont understand.... maybe you can make it clearer for me

when wcn closed because of 'lack of funds', i assume you werent able to afford hosting and such. why didnt you cancel your hosting subscription with your provider rather than OPEN a brand new website called 'goodhosted' and incur in further charges such as domain registration etc?

im no expert but if i had a website, and couldnt afford to keep it running, i would take the website offline and cancel my hosting; NOT keep my hosting provider (and still get billed each month) and open a new website. you own like 30 domains, everyweek i see a new domain being created by you.

interzurf.com/.net/.org/.eu ; wcn-chat.com ; wcnchat.com ; goodhosted.com/.org/.eu/.net ; icu-chat.com ; SpritZRadio.com/.net

is your staffs 'donations' paying for all those other domains aswell?

also, on the goodhosted website... did you know it was illegal to remove the copyright on your shopping cart pages (http://goodhosted.com/shop/) , according to the "SHOP-SCRIPT" licence. refer to: http://www.shop-script.com/php-shopping-ca...-1-license.html

In fact I dont need to explain this.. But ok..

WCNChat.com/icu-chat.com/shizzlychat.com/shizzlychat.nl/shizzlychat.net are payed on a yearly thing.

Interzurf, goodhosted and spritzradio are hosted on our own webserver that's hosted by Strato.

We already had that BEFORE we closed everything. So I already payed that 2 months.

About all the domains, check out interzurf.com/.net/.org, they are closed.

About goodhosted and it's license: GoodHosted was also already payed before it got closed, and the license... Well I just removed it because I wanted to.

SpritZRadio.com/.net are also closed, but the domains are payed and are on a yearly thing.. So they will be still existing.

Everything I wrote in this post I payed from my own money BEFORE I even received ANY donation.

The donation the Staff of WCN Chat does, is meant to be used for WCN and will only be used for it.

Hope this clears it for you?

domains are cheap. Just because you own lots of domains doesn't really say much about how much money you have or don't have. If you don't like it then just don't donate or visit. If you do like it and want to help out then do so. it's not very complicated. WCN has just as much right to establish a chat service as any one else.

It's true everyone is entitled to their opinion and I'm glad people choose our site to visit and give them. Everyone is welcome to participate in discussion but please let's keep it civil. I hate to close a topic but if it gets out of hand I will have no choice.

I appreciate Dennie coming to our site to answer these questions. It's nice to see site owners venture out to other forums to participate. Thanks :)

ok dennie.... you say goodhosted was paid before wcn closed down. on April 6 2008, wcn closed down, according to this thread.

on April 7 2008, according to a domain registrar, goodhost.com was PURCHASED AND REGISTERED 1 DAY AFTER wcn closing.

you're not covering your tracks well dennie :(

Edited by sirfunny

domains are cheap. Just because you own lots of domains doesn't really say much about how much money you have or don't have. If you don't like it then just don't donate or visit. If you do like it and want to help out then do so. it's not very complicated. WCN has just as much right to establish a chat service as any one else.

It's true everyone is entitled to their opinion and I'm glad people choose our site to visit and give them. Everyone is welcome to participate in discussion but please let's keep it civil. I hate to close a topic but if it gets out of hand I will have no choice.

I appreciate Dennie coming to our site to answer these questions. It's nice to see site owners venture out to other forums to participate. Thanks :)

Thank you err0r, and I use TG for a nice time now.. And I still love it, it just gives me a "home" feeling for all the things TG provides.

ok dennie.... you say goodhosted was paid before wcn closed down. on April 6 2008, wcn closed down, according to this thread.

on April 7 2008, according to a domain registrar, goodhost.com was PURCHASED AND REGISTERED 1 DAY AFTER wcn closing.

you're not covering your tracks well dennie :(

That's the day it got registered, but not the date we requested the domain.