Chat

Dippy

what python version are you basing your code off? 2.3.x? 2.4.x? 2.5.x?

I'm not too sure if you need any additional help with coding stuff, or even if you wanna run the paces through me on some old stuff just to see if i would be of any help, but aye, i would love to give assistance on pyRCx to expand my python knowledge, and to give a few ideas of what i have as well.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/server -m irc.electrickz.com -j #somewhere

were pretty small at the moment primarily due to constant ddos attacks but we avg around 20-25 regs currently.

all the code is based on python 2.51 and will not run on python 3.0, I am continuing develpment on python 2.51 for pyrc 3.0 as well. I have no intent on relearning what little I currently know for python 3.0.

Some of the big features are being python its completely portable, weve run this specific server on fbsd, win2k3 and are about to move to CentOS. Pyrc has its own internal nickserv so services will never go down, it features &access tying identified nicknames into channel access so you can safely access a nickname w/out security risk, and were currently adapting mode # +X to represent ircd style rooms w/in the ircx enviroment.

In the future I am adding some extra depth to the nickserv in the way of a personalized profile and stat tracking, and adopting SQL to manage the data, which also makes it easier to integrate with the web AND the Chatcore web applet. Also building a custom Chanserv function to adapt /access to a more familiar command structure for ircd users. And it will feature built in irc games such as mode # +T for trivia, mode # +W for irc wars, and mode # +I for idle games.

So as you can see, we have come a great way since the start, but also have a long long way to go, which is why i added my 2 cents, its much too far away to get really excited about, or to even consider using outside of the current development enviroment.

• 1 month later...