Chat

Dippy

Guest X-Fusion

Well sure, if your going to hold every chat server to the same light as MSN, none of them compare to what MSN did. Why do that? Some of these servers were around before MSN decided to close, and were working long and hard before they made the decision to close. Chat isn't a place for you to constantly sit and idle to keep your room active. It's a place for you to come whenever you want and talk to whoevers there, and meet new people. MSN chat just reached people .... EVERYWHERE, so, they always looked busy because if it was night time in America, it was daytime in Australia. I wouldn't say chat is dead. Is it dying? Sure. It's not dead yet, and some people don't/can't constantly sit in a room to have a room number.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well thats part of the thing with pyrc, it is not MSN or based on what MSN did with "webchat." We're going back beyond webchat to the old irc.msn.com days. Pyrc is closer to a hybrid server with features common to both unreal ircd and msn exchange, and many of the features of the anope services built in. I could probably write many paragraphs explaining how grand our hopes are for pyrc 3.0, but the new version is so early in development theres no telling if the updates will even be an improvement over the current 2.5 version. As long as you're looking for msn though, you wont find it.

As for a link, I can provide you with the address of our irc server running on pyrcx 2.5, but thats about all. We have a very small userbase at the moment(some kiddies would love for us to fail) but theres plenty there who can provide anyone interested with a copy of the 2.5 source to scan & study. As far as 3.0, I am keeping that to myself until I have made some significant progress to alleviate the current problems with the services datamanagement and linking.

I just didnt want to spam my server if it is unwanted, I wasnt exactly the most loved user on MSN, nor am I now.