Chat

Dippy

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i personally wouldn't mind getting in on the action. I've been working on python throughout 2007 when we were taught it at uni, and i have started my own project, but i think that i can expand my knowledge if i can offer help by writing snipplets or two here and there for python projects. But aye, i donno if i should even chase it up because i've only got a bit over a month before uni heads back.

I read all these posts about chat networks and cant help thinking chat is dead. Msn did a great job with chat and if it wasnt for them we wouldnt be here i guess. However, i look around the different chat sites, of which there are many, and dont see anything close to what msn did. Most servers have the same chatters on a regular basis but looking at the roomlists, most rooms are dead, or even it shows a room with 0 people in it, whats the point in that. I would agree Buzzen chat has tried very hard to emulate what msn had, but i think most people have moved on to new things. I dont agree with the room charging thing, however they may put it (i dont want this to turn into a debate about buzzen) im just making a point. I thought for a while about making a chat devoted to Scottish people but decided against it. Yes i have been involved with some different ircx servers, but its fair to say ( to get back to original point ) i dont see the point in a small scale chat server.

i do agree spooky as well. I never saw any of these "up and coming" servers be able to hold the place that MSN did. Though many showed a dislike for MSN, it was still one of the biggest and most used chat services around. With it's shutdown, it took the chat generation to it's end i believe. What is left is merely the smoldering heap at the end. Ohh well, life goes on...