A Little About Buzzen!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest X-Fusion

Hmm, I'm starting to think about things. Seems like topics about Buzzen get posted when Buzzen topics either

A ) Arent in the top 5 forum threads

B ) Updates for another chat server come out.

Right or wrong? I mean, we had this whole Buzzen thread cleared up, and we had buried the issue of the Buzzen/MSN OCX, and then this is posted. I havent seen any posts on the forum lately flaming or cramming on Buzzen.

well there are 16,198 registered members here and some of them aren't so sure :P

I personally don't care about them using the ocx. It was never about the legality of it for me.

My concern has been and will continue to be for their users. "IF" msn decided tomorrow they wanted buzzen to stop allowing ppl into their chat with the ocx and sent a letter to them to stop. They would i'm sure. But what about their users most of which have been using the ocx to connect. They are left out looking for a way to chat yet again. I think buzzen using the ocx is bad only because they have no real control of the situation. 99% of us here probably have a pc full of illegally downloaded music, movies, or software. So i'm not about to start yelling about how i think they should change the ocx cause they are breaking the law.

I do take exception to people trying to justify it to me though. You can't justify the use of the ocx. YOU CAN'T. There is no possible way to do that. SO STOP TRYING. Don't compare it to other illegal acts. When someone in a debate does that it's because they know it is wrong but can't thing of a way to be right so they try to make the other person wrong too.

Here are the facts

Buzzen is and has been actively using the MSN chat ocx even though they know it's illegal to do so.

Buzzen's main way to connect is through the MSN chat ocx.

Buzzen does not, will not, and has not made any deal with MSN to use the ocx.

Buzzen has a plan to replace the use of the ocx with a similar gui.

That should clear most of this mess up. It's been said over and over again. I don't think jay or yahoo dispute any of that although in earlier posts jay did a little spin on a few of the facts and chuck did take some copyright infringement law and twist what it actually meant a little. But most people try to spin issues towards their side.

In the end it really doesn't matter what I or anyone else thinks. Results are the only thing that matters. While i do think the only reason buzzen has the users it has is just because of the msn ocx and their "plan" on how to gain users to their service. Now they have them. Their new problem is keeping them after they move away from the msn ocx. Then they will know what is keeping chatters there. The ocx or their hard work. I wish them the best of luck. I don't like to see a chat network gain success only to close down. I want them to do well. My personal opinion is that in the long run using the msn ocx isn't the safest business decision.

I've stated before that I chat on buzzen personally. The reason I don't go around telling others to do the same is because of the ocx. It would be like if i downloaded movies off some illegal website i wouldn't publicly suggest users here to do the same thing.. I hope that makes sense lol.

Buzzen doesn't mind though of course. Argue points, fight about it, curse it, Love it, whine about it. Either way... There are 6225 people connected in 779 rooms right now that seem to have there mind made up. And I am one of them :)

I dont fight about buzzen, i fight about big of a "rhymes with sick" you guys are for lying/implying to me and using my services, and then blow it off as if it didnt happen.