Windows 7

JOhnson

:lmaojump: I was browsing the internet looking for a good anti-virus software and I took a look in pcworld.co.uk and see this http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/editorial...lar-products-hp ... getting like amazon pre-order Windows 7 Home Premium for £44.99p or Professional for £89.99p ... :lolwave: im not spamming but just thought that maybe some of the uk members might be interested :D at the same time I have a question ... why are they doing this ?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fanfare - Europe only get the E editions because we're special :)

The Ultimate edition for the most part is pointless; you get AppLocker (a set of Group Policy settings built on Software Restriction Policies, to restrict which applications can run on a corporate network, including the ability to restrict based on the application's version number or publisher), BitLocker Drive Encryption (pointless), BranchCache Distributed Cache (a branch-office cache system for files stored on central file servers), DirectAccess (VPN for IPv6), Subsystem for Unix-based Applications (woo!), Multilingual User Interface Pack (for those of you who forget to set the right language on install or you are multi-lingual) and Virtual Hard Disk Booting (why?!!).

Takaharu, I completely agree with you that the ultimate editon is merely of "extra useless addons" for home and small business consumers. I guess I'm one of the I-want-it-all individuals that can't resist the temptation of it. :oops:

Edited by Fanfare

Fanfare - Europe only get the E editions because we're special :)

The Ultimate edition for the most part is pointless; you get AppLocker (a set of Group Policy settings built on Software Restriction Policies, to restrict which applications can run on a corporate network, including the ability to restrict based on the application's version number or publisher), BitLocker Drive Encryption (pointless), BranchCache Distributed Cache (a branch-office cache system for files stored on central file servers), DirectAccess (VPN for IPv6), Subsystem for Unix-based Applications (woo!), Multilingual User Interface Pack (for those of you who forget to set the right language on install or you are multi-lingual) and Virtual Hard Disk Booting (why?!!).

:lmaojump: so I take it you dont like "Windows 7" takaharu_ and wont be buying it at them prices :D

I do wonder about you sometimes, Johnson :P I said I find Windows 7 Ultimate pointless compared to the others. Didn't you notice the Windows 7 announcement I made in the Main News Section? My colleagues and I in the IT office at work pre-ordered Windows 7 Pro within minutes of each other, later told the IT manager when he arrived and the Dialler manager when he came to have a chat.

Starter is an operating system. Home Basic adds Aero, desktop wallpapers, fast user switching, multiple monitors and Mobility Center. Home Premium adds a few more gubbings but Pro includes (amongst other things) XP Mode - a virtual machine package for Windows Virtual PC containing a pre-installed, licensed copy of Windows XP SP3 as its guest OS. Pre-installed integration components allow applications running within the virtualized environment to appear as if running directly on the host, sharing the native desktop and Start Menu of Windows 7 as well as participating in file type associations.

I do wonder about you sometimes, Johnson :P I said I find Windows 7 Ultimate pointless compared to the others. Didn't you notice the Windows 7 announcement I made in the Main News Section? My colleagues and I in the IT office at work pre-ordered Windows 7 Pro within minutes of each other, later told the IT manager when he arrived and the Dialler manager when he came to have a chat.

Starter is an operating system. Home Basic adds Aero, desktop wallpapers, fast user switching, multiple monitors and Mobility Center. Home Premium adds a few more gubbings but Pro includes (amongst other things) XP Mode - a virtual machine package for Windows Virtual PC containing a pre-installed, licensed copy of Windows XP SP3 as its guest OS. Pre-installed integration components allow applications running within the virtualized environment to appear as if running directly on the host, sharing the native desktop and Start Menu of Windows 7 as well as participating in file type associations.

:oops: Im not the best fella when it comes to reading (sorry) so your saying to me GET IT :D ... yes or no :P