Is Ie7 Good Enough

Guest Johnson

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from what i'm aware, maxthon is IE.

Yeah, the render engine is the same i actually prefer IE's render engine to FF's (gekko or something isnt it?) But a good browser is more than just the render engine, its the total package - programs should be designed to cater for the lowest spec computers to perform a resonable standard and then exccel on high-spec comps.

This is where i think IE lets itself down, having compared them on different pc's and laptops i've come to the conclusion that new products from MS demand you get upto-date with them! ... rather than they must stay in touch with you! (in touch with what a user wants from their products) Look at silverlight and Vista for examples, these are things that demand you have high-spec kit really, if you want to use them smoothly and to the capacity intended

speaking of speed, time, and rendering...

I found this online: http://www.zdnet.com.au/reviews/software/i...earch?source=ig

but it can be seemed somewhat outdated now as the article relates to beta versions of both Opera's Latest and FF's Latest browsers, but its still an interesting read.

instead of relying on some test that is old and made by someone else I actually tested opera, ie, and ff speeds on my pc... And to be honest there wasn't enough difference to flowering about.

Now now, err0r, browsers tend to have several millisecond differences between them. That's a whopping second every 700-1000 pages! Just imagine, by having the right browser you could save 5 minutes of waiting for pages to load every 10 years. Gotta be worth it, right?

Yeah there's a difference but not nearly enough to merit choosing a browser based on speed alone. If you want faster load speeds, get a faster processor with faster memory with lower latencies and a high-end graphics card :P

Personal preference - that's all it boils down to.