Is Ie7 Good Enough

Guest Johnson

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest X-Fusion

It uses the same rendering engine, so, your right.

I use Opera for the speed, stability and options other browsers don't offer. I will not use Firefox (although I do use K-Meleon from time to time, only when I have alot of stuff open) or IE because they don't offer what I want or need.

Guest X-Fusion

Integrated search, a speed dial feature (which I use ALOT), integrated and sorted RSS feeds (which I use alot), an integrated IRC client, unique mouse gestures and the ability to block whatever I need blocked (certain JS and flash functions), not to mention a phishing and security filter that is leaps and bounds above the others.

Firefox:

x = Firefox feature
o = Similar feature to Opera
[x] Integrated Search
[o] Speed Dial Feature
[x] RSS Feeds
[x] Integrated IRC Client
[ ] Mouse Gestures
[x] Blocked Content
[x] Phishing Filter

not that I care of course lol... I use both browsers :P

Edited by Josh`

I use Opera for the speed, stability and options other browsers don't offer. I will not use Firefox (although I do use K-Meleon from time to time, only when I have alot of stuff open) or IE because they don't offer what I want or need.

yes but you said those features aren't in other browsers.. they clearly are...

The speed dial feature is ok but i just have the links i use most often in my quick links tabs.

The browsers now pretty much have all the same features.. it's down to just which suits your needs better.. For me that's firefox. for you that's opera.. for others it's IE

anyone can use what they want but you shouldn't say other browsers don't have options that they clearly do.

There is really no option in firefox that i couldn't get using another browser. I just like the way firefox is set up. I'm familiar with all the ins and outs and it has never let me down. If opera didn't cost money or have those annoying ads for the unpaid version back when I left IE i could very well be an opera user. dems are da breaks.

Guest X-Fusion

When I used Firefox (for the short time that I used it), it hardly had any of that stuff when Opera had it versions before Firefox thought of it. Maybe it's just because I use Opera more frequently, or don't like Firefox as much. Who knows.