Is Ie7 Good Enough

Guest Johnson

:oops: Is IE7 good enough ... iv had my pc crash all day ... but i found why ? and have sorted it (fingers crossed) lol ... i had my 87 updates and 75 asked me to update IE7 ... this time round i decided to update IE7 ... in your opinion did i do right :D

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest X-Fusion

The words (or abbreviations) IE and good do not belong in the same sentence unless the sentence IE screws up your computer real good.

Updates ( especially microsoft updates ) are put out for a reason. More often updates are released to fix problems rather than offer new features. You should keep your microsoft products updated.

i am an IE user, and the main reason is because i do not do much more than browse the web. I do have IE7Pro as an addon to IE which gives IE some of FF's capabilities, such as ad blocking. Ultimately, you should try IE, FF, and Opera for a couple of weeks each. See which you prefer and are happy with.

As much as people diss IE, it will do the job for the majority of people, and being that microsoft do release updates on a continual basis means that even as holes are found, they are patched. No product is without flaws or faults. Just because it hasn't been found yet, doesn't mean it isn't without them.

All new IE updates seem to be focused on copying some of the alternative browsers tools and tricks - and while other browsers are focusing on performance and speed, IE seems to be getting worse ... more sluggish and bogged down than ever. IE is my last resort now ... i use Maxthon, firefox and even Slim Browser before i use IE7 ( off-topic: btw IE8 = utter waste of time)