Cloning on Buzzen?

shanespen

And what would be the response if someone turned up here and showed prove that they could use the sed software, would it be brushed under the carpet by you deanne??

This is theoretical by the way!

Cause deanne some of what you say about people is offensive and could end u up in court get my drift young lady!

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And what would be the response if someone turned up here and showed prove that they could use the sed software, would it be brushed under the carpet by you deanne??

This is theoretical by the way!

Cause deanne some of what you say about people is offensive and could end u up in court get my drift young lady!

Yahoo, you want to talk theoretical, and I'm talking factual. theoretically you might be able to worm you way out of fines and jail time--but it doesn't mean what you have done is legal. (ie oj simpson)

And yes, typical. If you can't silence people, threaten them. :)

Yahoo, I have shown you 2 seperate e-mails from msn, which state that using the msn.ocx without permission is illegal. I am also aware that both you and admin_Jay think you can twist the laws of society enough to make what buzz en has done appear to be legal.

Yahoo, now that I have clearly showen (in 2 seperate emails) that using the msn.ocx without permission is considered illegal by msn legal department. I then asked you if buzz en did obtain permission from msn to use the msn.ocx as the sole foundation for their webchat services? You haven't answered that question yet Yahoo.

Also, yahoo--if and when you work in the buzz en help desk, what do you tell people who come in and ask about buzz en illegally using the msn.ocx?

btw Molsen, you and others keep saying that msn doesn't care--but if msn hadn't have cared, would they have spent time and money on obtaining an official legal statement about this whole situation from their legal department?

I also remember this same type of situation with napster--people were convinced that first it was legal...and then that even if it wasn't exactly 100% legal, the artists didn't care. And then once it became apparent that the artists did care, and were losing money, people justified it so that 'it didint matter because those artists made too much money anyways.'

But in the end-------what happened to napster? I suspect that is what the end will hold for clones also.

Edited by Deanne

There has been ALOT of "Reaching" going on regarding this topic.

I see a few of you "Reaching" for a slanderous responce every time BUZZ EN is mentioned.

As for me not defending BUZZ EN that is simply because I dont have to. The service speaks for itself.

As for ircx not being after the money and we are, thats FUNNY! That statement also speaks to your "Reaching"

I could go on and on but its pointless.

There is a small group of you that will attack BUZZ EN no matter what the subject is. I see it all the time with people asking honest questions. There answer comes after 4 pages of bullshit from these people.

TechGear isnt a place people can go for help when it comes to BUZZ EN.

but hey, works out for the other places that ARE actually helping.

All I can say is good luck with your smear campaign. :lol:

There has been ALOT of "Reaching" going on regarding this topic.

I see a few of you "Reaching" for a slanderous responce every time BUZZ EN is mentioned.

As for me not defending BUZZ EN that is simply because I dont have to. The service speaks for itself.

As for ircx not being after the money and we are, thats FUNNY! That statement also speaks to your "Reaching"

I could go on and on but its pointless.

There is a small group of you that will attack BUZZ EN no matter what the subject is. I see it all the time with people asking honest questions. There answer comes after 4 pages of bullshit from these people.

TechGear isnt a place people can go for help when it comes to BUZZ EN.

but hey, works out for the other places that ARE actually helping.

All I can say is good luck with your smear campaign. :lol:

Oh yes lets see if we can throw enough weight around and bully techgear into making it's members submit and bow down to the mighty buzz en corporation.

Why ANY scripting site interested in helping chatters would want to actively support clones is beyond me. Clones are placing chatters in a precarious position at best, which isn't at all helpful to chatters! Isn't it bad enough that msn was able to rip the rug out of chat once--but now the clones are inviting msn to rip the rug out from under chatters again..on clone sites.

Any scripting site really interested in helping chatters would take time to make chatters AWARE of the issues and potential risks of getting cozy on a clone. Unfortunately most scripting sites now a days seem more interested in building their user base by snuggling up, and being friendly with the biggest chat networks around---even if those big chat networks happen to be illegal clones that put chatters at risk of losing another chat home.

Thumbs up to techgear for caring enough about helping people, to leave not surpress valid concerns people have about the clones potentially leaving people high and dry if msn closes them down for illegally building their webchat businesses on the copyrighted msn.chat.ocx.

Edited by Deanne

Perhaps techgear should be re-named Gwens political plotting house.

lol

You can say and do what you want it doesnt matter to me. At the end of the day you will be out of breath and we will still be supporting our chatters. :)

Edited by «‡þøw€®‡»™

msn do not have a legal department legel issues are dealt with via microsoft themselfs as i have had communication with them in the past and no it was not due to some illegal practise by myself lol !

P.S i donot serve as a guide sysop on "THE CHAT THAT WE DARE NOT SPEAK IT'S NAME" i am a graphics designer even some here might think that i am not!

And that is 1 reason why i never give you a straight answer, now if you would like to move on to any design issues you may have found on "THE CHAT THAT WE DARE NOT SPEAK IT'S NAME" other than the ocx i am quite will to give full detailed answers!

Perhaps techgear should be re-named Gwens political plotting house.

lol

You can say and do what you want it doesnt matter to me. At the end of the day you will be out of breath and we will still be supporting our chatters. :)

First you are trying to make techgear look bad by saying that people can't even ask a question about buzz en without being inundated with pages of off topic replies....but consider the question that was being asked pertained to how can you clone on buzz en.

Do you really want your chatters going from forum to forum and learning how to clone on buzz en? :) Do you REALLY want techgear to simply tell people how to clone on buzz en? lol Cause from my personal dealings with buzz en--buzz en doesn't support cloning, even though it is a clone itself. lol

Now you are trying to make techgear look bad, and feel bad, for letting it's users express their opinions what clones have done.

Yup, until msn shuts you down, you will probably be supporting your chatters and yourself on the hard work of someone elses ocx. :) Sorry I just can't give you a pat on the back for that.

i never said you were after money.. i said you ran "THE CHAT THAT WE DARE NOT SPEAK IT'S NAME" like a business whereas IRCx doesn't. His goal doesn't seem to be money. I never said what your goal is.

As for you not having to defend Buzz en. Ok then why are you coming here starting threads about "THE CHAT THAT WE DARE NOT SPEAK IT'S NAME" once the hublah dies down. Because you know that techgear has alot of users and any press is good press right. You don't defend buzz en because you have no defense. Anyone with an ounce of sense knows you are using the ocx illegally. That isn't even in question anymore. Of course Gwen just wants you to admit it. Something I don't think any of you will ever do.

We here at techgear have helped users with buzz en problems. I myself have helped many people over messenger with connecting to buzz en as well as converting scripts for use there. So before you get all high and mighty on your soapbox there buckoo, know of what you speak. No one is smearing buzz en. At least the majority of the people posting aren't. Opinions are getting put forth and we have given you every chance to answer their concerns. Ignore them if you wish. Selectively answer them if you wish but don't come here whining about how you are getting smeared.

Sounds like you are the one doing a little smearing as far as techgear goes. I opened a forum just for "THE CHAT THAT WE DARE NOT SPEAK IT'S NAME" help. I offer "THE CHAT THAT WE DARE NOT SPEAK IT'S NAME" downloads. Yet i'm not helping users cause i allow people to voice their opinions and concerns..

I've really been trying to give you the benefit of the doubt jay. I even praised you and your staff for coming forward to explain your side. Thanks for showing me and my site the same respect or lack thereof.