BuzzenChat

err0r

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

err0r that is a very gracious attitude to take, but whether or not msn does file charges against buzzen or other msn clones is not the point. illegal is illegal, and I simply want to know if buzzen acted legally or not.

Is what buzzen did, and is doing legal in regards to using the msn ocx to provide buzzen chat services. Hooray for them that they are developing their own ocx, too bad they didn't do it right from the start.

Should we support buzzen and pat them on the back for doing what they did with the msn ocx. I don't think so. If they did not have permission from msn to use that ocx, they were like leaches using msn for their own gain. Sad.

the legal matter of them using the ocx is very questionable either way... Now if they offer it for download or edit the ocx then it's very illegal. But just by using an ocx that's already on someone's computer anyways is a different matter when it comes to legal or not. It's a very grey area. Before you comment on the attitude i take i think maybe you should read more of my posts on this matter. I've been against anyone using msn ocx from the very start. I understand your concerns as I had/have the same ones.

Well just to set the record straight I will clear some things up.

1) Buzzen has no affiliation with MSN or Microsoft.

2) Buzzen does not OWN the MSN.OCX.

3) Buzzen has no rights to the MSN.OCX.

4) Buzzen does in no way "use" the MSN.OCX.

5) The MSN Broadcast message was real but seeing as though I don't work for MSN I can't tell you if it was official or not.

6) Any Buzzen staff that said we have exclusive rights to use or that we own the MSN.OCX is grossly misinforming you.

With those points made let me elaborate:

Buzzen merely allows the (now retired) MSN.OCX to connect to its servers.

The MSN.OCX is nothing more then an extremely limited graphical ircx client, similiar to many other clients that could also connect to buzzen if a user so endeavored.

Some of these clients include but are not limited to Pjirc, Comic Chat, mIRC, Pirch and a plethora of others. Any client that can process irc/ircx commands could be made to work on Buzzen.

It is true that many find the MSN.OCX a popular way to connect to our network, but that in NO WAY implies we own or have special rights to it.

Alot of users connect via the mIRC client, does that mean we own rights to that as well?

It is not our responsibilty to enforce what your preference of chat client is, whether it be the MSN.OCX or mIRC or Pirch. We are happy to serve our users and provide them a place to enjoy the chat client they prefer.

I hope that helps to clear some things up for you.

Admin_Jay

Buzzen Administration

Edited by «‡þøw€®‡»™

ERRRR HEM

SHAGMAN kingoftheclones wieghs in...

Now while in call conferences and on through messenger back when this clone concept was unravelling. I think some have heard this before...or maybe not. But yes....Jay and I knew it was illegal but we wanted to ride the wave of popularity...it made good marketing sense because we knew the potential to use the msn ocx, till we came out with our own. Mohamed would have been squat had we gone a different direction, because he was just a lil boy with a script that managed to connect to the ocx. But we had the marketing strategy,and we probably would have been squat too if we went another direction. When we approached mohamed we saw the potential. Why do u think i fought so f;;kin hard to keep my hard work lol

Well just to set the record straight I will clear some things up.

Buzzen merely allows the (now retired) MSN.OCX to connect to its servers.

The MSN.OCX is nothing more then an extremely limited graphical ircx client, similiar to many other clients that could also connect to buzzen if a user so endeavored.

Some of these clients include but are not limited to Pjirc, Comic Chat, mIRC, Pirch and a plethora of others. Any client that can process irc/ircx commands could be made to work on Buzzen.

It is true that many find the MSN.OCX a popular way to connect to our network, but that in NO WAY implies we own or have special rights to it.

Alot of users connect via the mIRC client, does that mean we own rights to that as well?

It is not our responsibilty to enforce what your preference of chat client is, whether it be the MSN.OCX or mIRC or Pirch. We are happy to serve our users and provide them a place to enjoy the chat client they prefer.

I hope that helps to clear some things up for you.

Admin_Jay

Buzzen Administration

Thanks for clearing some things up for me. The reply you gave about 'Buzzen merely allowing the (now retired) MSN.OCX to connect to its servers', is a very passive attempt to pass the blame for buzzens inappropriate behavior onto the chatters. Infact buzzen specifically requires webchat users to download the msn.ocx in order to chat with webchat.

Is special software required to chat in Buzzen?

Upon arrival to Buzzen Chat, special and safe software is installed onto your computer. This program is downloaded to “C:/WINDOWS/Downloaded Internet Programs” and will remain on your computer unless you remove it manually.

To re-install the Chat Control users of windows should go to C:/WINDOWS/Downloaded Internet Programs. Then you should find "MSN Chat Control 4.5" with a speech bubble icon. Right click this and select "Remove" Ensure all IE browsers are closed and attempt to rejoin a chat room. The control should automatically reinstall.

Glad that you are working on your own ocx, just sad to see buzzen set such a poor example of net behavior. (even sadder to see so many try to justify the wrong being done by buzzen as right, simply because they didn't like the big dog msn.)

I simply cannot imagine trusting a chat service to act rightly in regards to its users after it has shown as questionable of ethics as buzzen (and all clones) have shown. That is my personal opinion.

yeah i'm gonna have to go with her on part of that.. you can't really say you have no part of the ocx when you access it though the ocx. It's true there are other ways to connect but i'm willing to bet 95% of the users there connect through the ocx. And it's not really like you offer alot of other choices to connect other than the ocx.. A user would have to go out of their way to connect another way as your main way uses the ocx.

lol i'm trying to give the best views from both sides but you can't argue the point that way.

oh who cares, msn chat is closed. I'm sure if you remove the ocx it cant be redownloaded ( only if you download else where) but having said that I'm pretty sure buzzen is prepared if and when that happens.

Edited by Molson™

shagman that's a very poor attitude to have about things. i see that alot now, especially in todays younger generation. They somehow justify unethical things by saying either hey everyone else does it or it's not hurting anyone.. glad the majority of the world doesn't think that way. The world is already very shitty because a minority of ppl think that way. ah well i'm getting old i guess lol..

oh just wanted to add.. i do many things online as well as in life that are wrong and some are unethical probably but i know they are wrong lol. i just do it anyways ;) but i dont' justify it.