Disconnection

JOhnson

:oops: my question is if a script keeps disconnecting from a chat network is it the server or is it the connection in the script and maybe you can give me an idea why it happens as always thank you for any replies on this one :D

There could be a lot of reasons. Do you get any sort of message when you disconnect. Like software caused it. Does it disconnect routinely. Do your other scripts disconnect at the same time, etc etc.

:lmaojump: thanks for the reply err0r ... yes one seems to disconnect and the other one with the same connection seems to stop in the room ... this is what I get from the one that keeps disconnecting ...

[19:24 PM] Joined %#Room

[19:30 PM] Quit (Quit: Connection Closed)

[19:30] Joined %#Room

[19:36 PM] Quit (Ping Timeout)

:oops: and that happens every 5 to 10 mins the only good thing is that iv set in Connect Options "Reconnect on disconnection" but its annoying when it keeps Quiting and Rejoining :( as always thanks for any help and replies on this :D

• Site Moderator

unfortinitly ping timeouts are a fact of life for irc. Not much you can do about them. Pending on the server settings your connecting to you can create a ping timer to ping the server every xx seconds...The odd time i've had to use that i've set my to 80 seconds which is just shy of the default for most unrealircd setups. This sometimes helps with ping outs but not always.

Edited by Eyecu

:oops: iv looked at the socket lines in the connection and I cant find the ping or the pong ? can I post the connection here and let some of you takes a look at it ... as always thank you for all the replies iv had on this one :D Edited by JOhnson

there is a ping pong

elseif (PING == $1) {
  sockwrite -n $sockname PONG $chr(37) $+ $chr(35) $+ $right($sockname,-5)
  .halt
  .haltdef
}

:lmaojump: thanks Dippy its holding now and the site is looking good and all ... I see you have techgear on the front page :yes: ... and I see you still have some work to do so good luck with the help ... im sure people here will help you :D