Need Halts In That Code

I think most of us learned through breaking down other ppl's coding and through the repetition of doing it for ourselves. Different ppl learn in different ways. Some aren't really interested in learning at all they just want the code. That's ok too if that's what they want. In the end it's about helping others. You can choose to help them or not to help them. I choose to help

:lmaojump: I agree 100% with what you are say err0r and im glad you do help like you do .... but at the same time its been one of them days where iv been sat at my computer and I must agree with X-Fusion and all ... cause where I was looking in the room ... it look like the fella was going and finding codes and then coming into the IRCommunity room and asking for help :oops: dont start yelling at me now :D but that is how it came over to me sat in the room :( "maybe Im wrong"

Edited by JOhnson

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he has asked on several forums. some code was given to him in those places. I also told him that many of the old msn addons would work by modifying them a bit so he went and found some old msn addons. From what i've seen in his room he is modifying them to work as he goes. There is also the language barrier to contend with as english is obviously not his first language. I say give him a break. Whether he just wants code given to him or he is trying to learn doesn't really matter. We are here to help regardless.

he has asked on several forums. some code was given to him in those places. I also told him that many of the old msn addons would work by modifying them a bit so he went and found some old msn addons. From what i've seen in his room he is modifying them to work as he goes. There is also the language barrier to contend with as english is obviously not his first language. I say give him a break. Whether he just wants code given to him or he is trying to learn doesn't really matter. We are here to help regardless.

:oops: I did say in my posting "maybe Im wrong" .......... :D

it's not that i think you are wrong.. there was nothing wrong with x suggesting what he did either. There is a bigger picture here. Regardless of the intentions of the person asking the question the answer isn't just for him. He isn't the only one that will check out the post and code. It could very well help others as well. I could very easily have just pm'ed the code. The point is it helps more than just the person asking. I know a lot of ppl that are a bit scared to ask simple questions for fear they will be made fun of or looked down on. That is the whole reason I made techgear. The forum where i went to learn how to script and use msn bots wasn't very helpful for the most part. If you asked a "n00b" question they just made fun of you or told you to figure it out yourself. I wanted to make a place where ppl that knew how to do things would be able to share their knowledge with others. I want ppl to feel comfortable asking any question no matter how simple others think it maybe. This site is nothing more than community helping the rest of the community.

I am no expert myself. I still learn new things all the time. My habits in scripting aren't always the best way to do things. You can script most any snippet a lot of different ways. It's fun to see what others come up with.

it's not that i think you are wrong.. there was nothing wrong with x suggesting what he did either. There is a bigger picture here. Regardless of the intentions of the person asking the question the answer isn't just for him. He isn't the only one that will check out the post and code. It could very well help others as well. I could very easily have just pm'ed the code. The point is it helps more than just the person asking. I know a lot of ppl that are a bit scared to ask simple questions for fear they will be made fun of or looked down on. That is the whole reason I made techgear. The forum where i went to learn how to script and use msn bots wasn't very helpful for the most part. If you asked a "n00b" question they just made fun of you or told you to figure it out yourself. I wanted to make a place where ppl that knew how to do things would be able to share their knowledge with others. I want ppl to feel comfortable asking any question no matter how simple others think it maybe. This site is nothing more than community helping the rest of the community.

I am no expert myself. I still learn new things all the time. My habits in scripting aren't always the best way to do things. You can script most any snippet a lot of different ways. It's fun to see what others come up with.

:lmaojump: I whole heartily agree with what you have put in your reply and im also as you can see from the "bold & underlined" one of them people that at time find it difficult to ask question :( I have to be in the right frame of mind to ask a question and then I go away and think I hope they dont think im a n00b .... but you have cleared that question up with your reply :D Thank You

:oops: by the way im struggling with a trivia code :lolwave: im "joking"

• 2 weeks later...