Ircd Webchat Script

err0r

Thought i would share with you my progress so far.

I decided to ditch the smileview dll and go with nhtmln dll instead.

Contrary to what some ppl have said, right click on webchat and custom nicklist will show default mirc menus. You will add menu items to the popups area as normal.

Basic theme is in place ( tweaks to follow )

Uses normal echo's to theme ie: echo -a blah is blah / will show in the webchat..

Detects mirc color codes including highlighting in on text as well as echo's

/clear works in all areas

First let me explain why i'm doing this project. Many so called big time scripters seem to look down on projects like this. What they fail or refuse to accept is that this project isn't for experienced irc users wishing to get the full features of irc. This is for those people that enjoy a web like chat with emots and such combined with the added power of access to irc commands. I would not and i do not use this as a script to run a chat room. It is geared more for common chatters. If you are looking for a feature filled script with all the bells and whistles, this isn't going to be something you will be interested in.

I am doing this project because it is what interests me when it comes to scripting. I could spend my time making all the other little gizmos you find in some scripts but to be honest they bore me. I don't use those options personally so i find no joy in making them.

</why>

Now on to the current look ( i say current cause anyone that knows me knows i will change it a hundred times )

webchat3.jpg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AWFUL

never listen to a guy that goes by err0r...

failed!

just kidding...

Anyways, in the query dialog it would be cool to have a 'add to notify' and 'block/ignore' button at the bottom or after name at top.

Also above Nicklist most pple that just chat and wouldnt mind help host a room would prolly like +q -q +v etc buttons.

Also if possible which i dunno i never messed w/ the html dlls... in the same line as the mode change put up a link to swap back mode, like...

* err0r changed mode to +ghey change mode to -ghey

just a few things that would come in handy when pple use a webchatish thingy...

also good luck!

@KD

I like your suggestions for query window. I'll implement them.

As for the buttons for +q etc. All that is in the right click menu like normal mirc. I'm not sure trying to put buttons for all the various modes would look that great.

The mode change link to change back is a nice feature but with chanserv having mode lock i don't think i'll bother with it.

@Warrior

thanks i still have a ways to go and many things to work out but i'm happy with the progress so far

@ TGK

atm the query is using an embedded @window to record queries.. Once i work out all the issues with webchat i'll get the query box using icons as well.

@jagie

My goal is to release this to the public.

Instead of cluttering the query box with buttons, I'd just stick to using a right click menu, personally.

Looks great, btw :)