Ircd Webchat Script

err0r

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok i've been having some issues with webchat so i've been moving a lot of the processing code to the actual chat.htm page instead of processing it through mirc aliases. It seems to be a lot more stable since doing this. While doing this I was able to make it so that if you click on a link in the room it will now open the link in your default browser instead of just being IE. I have also set it so that if you put a #roomname in the room it will create a clickable link that will join the room when you click it.

I am still working on the project for release but I am hoping to release a copy that will require as little updating as possible.

Great job, error. I myself ws planning on making a video viewer using a dialog, but have noticed that if you click inside the html window docked to a dialog it will lag mirc like crazy in recent versions of mirc. It works fine for 6.03, but not later versions. So, I guess I'm stuck without a working dialog video player, lol.

i'm not really getting that complex with mine... it's mainly just going to be a nicklist and webchat.. i only did the auto join because like i said before mirc's built in function is just a little fast.

The main problem i am facing atm is nhtml crashing mirc after a lot of lines has been sent.

While i won't be adding things like video players, I am planning on adding basic features that i find useful when I chat. The latest being a memoserv handler.

As you will see from the screen shot when someone sends you a memo you will be notified in the chat screen. The notification will produce a link that upon clicking will open the memoserv dialog.

I'm not real happy with the look and size of the memoserv dialog atm but i think having it popup from a link is a novel idea.

post-20793-1220511735_thumb.png

Not sure if i have mentioned this before but I have ultimately decided to use smilesview over the nhtml dll. There are several reasons why I chose to do this which i won't go into at this time.

I still plan on releasing this as soon as I feel it's worth releasing ( which shouldn't be long )

The latest update is the ability to turn webchat off and on for all channels. Using the normal channel popup menu you can turn webchat off and on. When you turn it off it will turn it off for all current channels you are viewing. Once turned off it will revert back to normal mirc view without clearing the current chat or having to hop or reload mirc ( as in previous simple script ). Same for turning it back on. It will turn it on and attach webchat to all current channels without having to reload or hop.

So far I have been able to fix every problem I have run into and hope to be able to put this out for a few beta testers very soon.