A Trivia Question Or Two

iLia

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So..I add this where the other txt files are in trivia and the bot uses them when? That's the bit I don't get....Is it considered just another bonus question? Do I add them to the already existing bonus Q's? Where is the (if one is needed) code with lotsa if and $'s to tell ppl to bet their points? Is it implemented in Petertje's trivia already but I was just missing the file?

to get them as bonus go to st50 and configure and where you set the question files make this one the bonus questions.if you make it the regular file its just gonna give you a multiple choice normal queston.i will stop by the lounge in VSIX this afternoon so if you still need help you can ask me then and i will do my best to help you.

Ok....the file rdnck_ca posted..you load it to your file and direct your bonus Q's to that file. You basically stop using the bonus Q's file st50 already has but either use that one or integrate that one to rdnck_ca's file OR edit it so they become multiple choice questions ( though not too sure about that last bit). What I did was load his file....direct my bonus questions to that and then copy some of the bonus Q's I already had to that. I'm running Supertrivia version 5.0 (st50) and it works great.

And I'm sorry it's not the clearest solution posted.

However, I'm still waiting on anyone ( though I'm doing ok as I'm set now) to offer a way to have st50 allow rounds of Q's and not just have the existing unlimited round. So X, it's up to you if you want to give it another day or two or close it now.

Edited by iLia

ok i found this on one of the othe forums for you ilia and i believe its what you need.if im not mistaken you want it to stop after X number of questions BUT not reset the scores.so this is what i found.

in the automation tab of the settings set it to reset after <the number you want> questions, then in the code under the reset Trivia section disable the following lines

mstat *s4 $stm(reset) 
.timerst_resetscores 1 10 st resetscores 
 .timerst_restart 1 10 st start

to be honest i dont know how to disable this line .my guess(and this is just a guess,as i havent tested this)is to add ; before mstat.i have a cpl bots i dont use too much so i wil load trivia in them and try it and let you know what happens.and so you all know that code is firehouse's code.

Thx rdnck. I was also thinking....I was looking at Rumbaar's and someone had offered a code to stop trivia ( in Hybrid, but I dun use Hybrid for trivia) after an X number of unanswered questions. That code would prolly suit my needs ...only problem is...someone posted after him telling him he should check his brackets or sth and that was the end of that thread lol.

Not sure if Hybrid is using Super trivia or not..so not sure that code ( if corrected) would work for me. I could always find it again and post it here ( giving credit to its original creator/creator of post) and have someone look and correct it.

The 'stop after 20 unanswered' for example would be great for me...better than the round ones actually. Cause that way I could leave it on if someone is playing and when they go ( and I'm away and cant stop trivia) the script can see that no one is playing and stop. Tis a great idea..if only that guys code worked :mellow: