Isowner

_Mhz_

Guest Travis

Buzzen is NOT an IRCx server. Buzzen's protocol is proprietary to Buzzen alone. Do not expect any code from a buzzen connection to just work fine for another chat network. ( some code will, but Buzzen's IRCwx protocol is different than any other chat network)

/names $chan

This will send a query to the server to give you the list of nicks in the channel. Returns on raw 332 or something like that. This is what tells mIRC what nicknames are in the nicklist. It also gives you topic and welcome message.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to me like Mhz is connecting to his/her own test server (seems to be written in mIRC) or is connecting though a socket connection onto some other server which he/she has no control over. If its the second one - I would check to make sure the A) Its an IRCX Server and B ) That mode +q is supported. I saw this "sockwrite -tn mirc. $+ $cid :clubechat.ath.cx 004 $me clubechat.ath.cx 3.083.4 cdefgil,mrsSuwx" - so either way it seems to me that your trying to host your own server, and to do what you want to do I would change your line to "sockwrite -tn mirc. $+ $cid :clubechat.ath.cx 005 $me CHANTYPES=%# PREFIX=(qov).@+"

Hope it helps,

Bradley (Termana - or on here ``PH30N1X`` because I forgot to change it)

Edit: I put a space at B ) so the emoticon didn't come out

Edited by ``PH30N1X``