Have you had your chat id stolen?

grinning_male

lol , i just have to lol at all this,its like the talk of people hacking in msn, get real people stop and think about it, why would a TRUE hacker hack a email acount from a chat room ( weres the $$ at) not worth there time,

i think you all mean kiddies with nothing to do with there time then other to create havoic on people,

Now granted there is probly a few good hackers out there with a few great programs that OTHER people have made to do this with,

but you keep a good firewall up,trojan hunter installed and dont allow down loads from people you dont know and for the most part your computers them selfs should be fine,

now as far as chat emails ect... let it be know whats happend to the admins of that server, let them take care of it,in the mean time make a new chat profile

and start chatting agian

i guess some people just dont have anything better to do,

dont they relize you get more outta (life,chattingect...) by helping people

you all take care

pony

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I've spent some time contacting MSN and Microsoft again, about the clones, and they call them hoaxes and fake sites, and advise people not to provide personal information to them. They are still investigating reports of websites that impersonate MSN.

*Btw, Yahoo..if you read this :) Microsoft replied, and said the correct route to take for informatin and assistance is to contact MSN, at the Help Link I had posted on the buzzen forum. http://support.msn.com/default.aspx

I'm writing them again to see if I can gain more information on if the sites are still considered illegal, or not, and what MSN plans to do about making the public aware of the clone situation.

Hello Gwen,

Thank you for writing to MSN Hotmail Technical Support. I apologize for the delay in answering your e-mail. We appreciate your patience as we handle every customer request as quickly as possible. This is Paolo and based on your e-mail, you need assistance regarding the MSN Chat Clone websites. I understand how important it is to have your concern addressed at once and I apologize for any inconvenience this matter may have caused you.

Gwen, the MSN Chat Clone site is a hoax and did not originate from Microsoft. Microsoft has no control over Web sites that imitate company trademarks, logos, or copyrighted materials. The fake Web sites intend to create confusion. We advise you not to provide any personal information for your own security if you cannot verify the Web sites legitimacy. We are proactively investigating reports of Web sites that imitate Microsoft. For more information, you may also visit:

http://groups.msn.com/contact

http://getlive.com

You are a valuable customer to MSN Hotmail and we are glad to give you consistent and effective service. Thank you for using MSN Hotmail.

Sincerely,

Paolo E.

MSN Hotmail Technical Support

Hello Gwen,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Online Customer Service.

I understand that you are experiencing issue with MSN Chat Clone websites. I realize your concern and will help you reach appropriate resource.

As you are experiencing issues with MSN, I suggest that you contact the MSN Support team to get further assistance. They have the required understanding of all MSN products and would be the best people to help you.

To contact the MSN team, please visit the following page and select the appropriate product:

http://support.msn.com/default.aspx

After selecting the product, you will get an e-mail form. Please fill that form and you will receive a reply from the MSN team within 24 hours.

Gwen, I hope the above information is helpful.

Thank you for using Microsoft Products and Services.

Nithin

Microsoft Online Customer Service Representative

Edited by Deanne

I don't think we've ever agreed--now it is twice in two days!

lol yea iLia, you gotta post fast on some discussions...before ozzy wakes up and gets them closed: :ozzmatized

Well everyone knows how I feel about clones. I firmly believe that anyone who is unethical enough to clone in the first place, probably isn't ethical enough to run an ethical chat site--that is my opinion.

I also think that if people are unethical enough to support clones in the first place, they shouldn't get too angry or surprised when the clones treat them unethically in return.

I mean--how can we really expect an unethical site to treat people ethically? <wo0t>

unethical = unethical = unethical.

I firmly believe this woman is unemployed...she thinks too hard on this topic.

Gwen? Why contact the monkeys when you can talk to the organ grinder [email protected]

I simply asked if they were intrested in the information on MSN Chat Clones and they gave me this reponse

Subject

---------------------------------------------------------------

MSN Chat Control Piracy

Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------------

Response (+) - 01/26/2007 06:32 PM

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the Microsoft Anti-Piracy Team.

We would be interested in any information that you can provide to us concerning

this situation. Please describe why you believe that the Microsoft product is

potentially unauthorized. Also include the company name, complete mailing

address, and phone number of the vendor that is copying potentially unauthorized

products. You can forward these details to us at [email protected]. You can

also reach us at 1-800-RU-LEGIT, and we can take the information over the phone.

You may also visit our Internet site on http://www.microsoft.com/piracy and

http://www.howtotell.com to review additional information on recognizing genuine

Microsoft product and Microsoft's licensing policies.

Again, thank you for your interest in our anti-piracy campaign.

Microsoft Corporation

Worldwide Sales Group

Edited by Rancid_

I don't think we've ever agreed--now it is twice in two days!

Well when your right your credited <wo0t>

People actually have time contacting MSN for cloned servers........ No wonder :stupid: