Is Chat Still As Popular

Spooky

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest X-Fusion
As I've made obvious in previous posts, I personally think the MSN chat phase is dead, but, I think VSIXc is re-vaamping the look and feel of chat without any hassle. I think alot we're bothered before when using mIRC about registering a passport and knowing their cookies and subinfo and waiting for it to update. VSIXc just requires you to know your password and name. Simple huh?

I've left chat for a while now, and to be honest .. i'm not missing it as i thought i would.

But during the time that i DID go on msn chat ... 70% of the time i was fixing,adding,editing my script .. and 10% of the time i was away and 20% of the time i would talk to whom ever was around at the time ((which was a rare thing)).

Chat is just out of my system !! and is no longer something that i long for !

Edited by fahad_aka_hitman

Well, chat is still popular, but irc chat is more fragmented these days than the earlier days. But overall irc gets more than 4 million users per day. When msn chat was free it used to get more than 12 million users per day. But the thing with irc is that it hasn't moved on with the developments on the web. Forums and blogs are more used because they fit into web paradigm: security, browser app model, ease to check back messages even if you were not online, rich media content, etc... Developers at http://www.net-bits.net are trying to get things on irc moving into web paradigm. Let's see if they get the ball rolling.

But I guess it is the best method for live communication and to meet more people so it is still popular. IM messaging is live too which is getting pushed by the big companies due to competition, but it more sort of fits private communication.

I agree with you X...but i still think many ppl like the feel of "msn" type chats.....im not favouring one over another....im mearly opening a new debate!!

:lmaojump: I agree wiv you there Spooky on the bit about peeps liking the "msn theme" ... but its no good having an "msn theme" if you dont have peeps chatting .. now as for vsixc as often as I can .. I like to chat in the lobby lol just wish a few chatters would reply :D

I believe chat is like hypercolor t-shirts and pogo-sticks now. You will likely see an upriseing in popularity year to year, but it will never make as big a come-back as it once was. It might also be very popular in other countries years after the US is through with it, or vice-versa. You may also see it in small pockets throughout the web. Those are people who can't let go of something... like me.