Ethics.. A tough question

Deanne

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Spidermans motto. "With great power comes great responsibility". Just because you have the power to use something doesn't mean it is the right time to use it, or the right circumstance. From what I saw you had the power, but gave into your need to take back what was yours, and used it. I don't condemn you at all for what you did. It wasn't right for your partner to take away what was yours at all. However, I have to say that it was wrong the way you went about it. The password was probably given to you in confidence, and just because someone breaks your confidence in them doesn't mean it is right for you to do the same.

I commend you greatly for trying to work things out with this person for as long as you did, and who knows? You probably left seeds of good faith with that. However, those seeds are probably poisoned now with distrust after using the password to regain control of your site. I hope you, and she can work things out. What you both did to each other was wrong, but in the future, before acting, please ask for several opinions, and weigh in on them. I noticed you asked a few people for their opinions, but I have to say that those opinions were wrong. Whenever you sow distrust it is always bad for everyone regardless of the outcome.

Edited by Warrior124

for one that stiuation would never come about

I have some standards and would never do one over on a friend like that

and i dont know why you all picking on me but you going to get :ozzmatized if you carry on

the real story is exactly as she stated, just put her name in place of err0r, and another person's name in place of ozzy, there you go, you've got the story.

I'm not putting names to things, even though i know the story, not my place, but just so the picture is clear.

She is fighting against buzzen because she feels it's related to what happened in the past. And though she knows that what she has done is wrong, she on some level is trying to justify it, but on a greater level is trying to allow others to understand the reasoning for it all.

I'll just say, the ends DOES NOT justify the means. err0r is right in saying that there are better ways of doing things.

I've put in my two cents, which is probably worth a lot more in this thread.

LOL, back to last minute cramming for physics. 4 exams left...

ok just a few things.

1) it's a MSN group. It doesn't take a large amount of time or skill to create one.

2) if the people in the other group were being just jerks to their users then it would make it much easier on you to get them to your site.

3) if you didn't have the time to devote to something as simple as making a MSN group how could you have helped enough on the group in question

to really justify you being a manager in the first place.

4) You say you waited for your friend to realize what they did was wrong but you got tired of waiting. And you chose the path of revenge and dubbed it in

the best interest of the group.

In the end you will be judged by your actions.. What other people did to cause those actions won't matter... It's your choice as to how you live and what you do regardless of what your peers do.

I know all about this and you was in the wrong gwen and the sooner you admit that the better.

The taking of any group is wrong no matter what excuses you make

An MSN group? Like everyone else said, if you don't have time to make a new group, then you likely wouldn't have time to actually give the group the attention it needs. I'm quitting my job here shortly to go to college. I don't expect for my job to be here when I get back. Just as you shouldn't suspect to leave your group and then come back to it years later. I'm not justifying that what they are doing is right, but none-the-less, niether were you.