Is It Good

Daniel1962

I looked in a few ircwx chat networks and found SPCN has a lot of chatrooms i.e [Wiz4rd_Doman1n] + [Idle_Warri0rs] The Den, TenalisPad, wiz4rdtestingstuff, dangers lots of nicks 77 ;) ect

for one reason or another they all have the same nicknames and no response when you put your text into the room ?

do you think that is good for a chat network as I am sure people would like to have a room that have real nicks to chat to and relate to just like old msn and not a room full of bots.

Am I bias towards SPCN

NO is my answer

Wouldn't it be better on entering the named rooms and having someone respond to your text and make some kind of conversion.

I feel its a shame that ircwx chat networks don't get  the recognition that they deserve but at the same time I feel adding bots in place of real people will drive people away from registering for for these networks 

I also look forward for real comments on this thread and not a war of words but simple credible written answer.

remember people aren't stupid

Edited by Daniel1962

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the answer is simple. all ircwx networks need more people. in fact almost every chat network (with the exception of some big time irc networks full of project developers and people interested in that sort of thing) need more people. MSN had way more bots and it wasn't an issue because of all the people and MSN's ability to constantly attract new people. New people aren't entering ircwx in mass numbers like the old days. There are rooms on ircwx networks that are usually active. I suggest you find those. Or as always pick a network, make a room, see how many people you can get to come there.

thank you for your response

I have looked in most of the rooms in SPCN and have found few and far that have real people to chat to

regards to msn and bots there was always going to be bots in rooms but there was always going to be people (real people) to chat to

my question in a roundabout way was why so many bots in so many rooms that do not respond to your text and do you real feel that it will improve the network ?

the number of bots has no bearing on whether or not people respond in a room. The simple fact is there aren't as many chatters anymore. The issue isn't bots and never will be bots or has ever been bots. It's lack of people. Bots aren't the cause of that. Chat isn't as popular as it once was and there is no network out there that had the built in userbase that MSN had. The networks have no real way of pulling in new users. These days that is up to individuals. If they want a good chat room they will have to go out and find and bring people there. The networks struggle to get the word out about their existence. Do a simple google search of chat / chatrooms / etc. You will see what is out there and you will also see ircwx isn't easily found. When you have 1 new person show up to chat every so often most rooms aren't going to have someone to meet and greet you. Bots are just a fun way to pass the time for the very few scripters that are still around. This is all just my educated opinion and thus you can take it for what it's worth. There is no problem with the network or the people on it or the bots they use. It's just a lack of mass amounts of new users to make chatters in a room want to sit around and chat all the time.

the idle warriors room with 77 in it are there because when you use a nuke you get more coints infact you earn 2 nukes for each nuke used hence the high numbers dont know about the others "The Den" seems like a popular room

• Site Moderator

any network from spcn to buzzen to all ircwx networks  have the same issues. there are chatters in every network it depends on also the time zones, not all are on the same times zones. and in fact like err0r has said the only really place your going to chat is on irc servers that have lots of developers on or irc client makers & eggdrop updaters for tcl. but even those at some point get quiet. I have rooms on many irc servers and a bot. but otherwise all chat has gone down due to social media and some people have just moved on. 

But one thing for sure out of all the ircwx networks Buzzen and Spcn are the most popular!!

IRC servers ( hard to determine )

NO you have got me wrong

I am not talking about developers or scripters I am talking about real people that you can talk to via chat rooms

I know that all ircwx are going to struggle with this as err0r said trying to get people to chat into chatrooms isn't going to be easy

its not going to happen unless irxwx can adverstise chat networks

the same question comes up and I am sure there will be a lot of views from anonymous people who will be asking the same question

why rooms full of the same nicknames and no responding to a chatters text no matter what the time zone is

"But one thing for sure out of all the ircwx networks Buzzen and Spcn are the most popular"

but it doesn't alter the fact that going into a room full of bots doesn't make a chat network look good 

remember people are not stupid

I joined a room tonight in SPCN called Sugar & Friends Senior Chat

My example to you is Sugar & Friends Senior Chat

danger

a       e

n        g

g       n

e      a

regnad

come on is that right or wrong

private room and SPCN lets danger get away with that ?

lets get real

that isn't developers or scripters

I know the room owner and she relies on the SPCN Admin to look after her room

Edited by Daniel1962
More to come