Basic Mirc

JOhnson

:oops: Question and I will do my best to explain ... can you create a chatroom with a basic mirc when you join a server .i.e. I joined Zunkies Network via a basic mirc doing the usual thing /server irc.zunkies.com and I was wondering if its possible to create a chatroom and if so is there a command that will allow you to create a room ? as always thank you for any replies :D

• Site Moderator
yup just do /cs register #roomname password description, /cs set #roomname founder johnson..or if you dont feel to register it then just do /join #roomname and thats all.

• Site Moderator

You neglected a step in their chain. On ircd to create a channel (room) all you have to do is /join #channel_name. then if you want to register the channel so you can have founder access and use the features of chanserv then do what chain said /cs register #channel_name password description. If you don't join the channel first and have @ or +o you wont be able to register the channel with chanserv. Also to register with chanserv you must first register your nick with nickserv. /ns register password email

• Site Moderator

Glad it worked for you. Just for your fyi in the future. Most IRCd's have built in help systems. In the case of unrealircd all you have to do is type in /helpop and look at your status window in mirc. It will show you what it has available for help content. For example you could do /helpop usercmds or /helpop join. Also all services have a help system by typing in /msg nickserv help or /msg chanserv help ( alot of servers you can just shorten the commands to /ns help or /cs help).