Quitting Irc?

Jagie

• Site Moderator
To be honest with you IRC isnt dieing, it depends on what server your on and the time. I have been on a range of IRC servers and the ones iam on are still alive & kicking. And dont also forget most chat servers in the summer drop, as many people are more out doors and doing stuff with family or friends. And come winter time they are all back on so there are really many things involved in dropping of chat servers and IRC servers!!

I think it is related more towards the old timers missing the mass amounts of people they used to love. I see new users every day on various servers. Like Chain said, some servers are more active than others.

Another known fact, I have lost a few chatters in my rooms to Facebook. Occasionally I see them, but for the most part they are as obsessed about FB as they were about mIRC. Things will always roll that way.

Bottom line... more people are on computers now than ever... More options are available now than before as far as places to chat and waste time.. Will IRC get the same proportion as in the past? No.. Will IRC still get an ample amount of users? Yes.. Will IRC die? Everything dies at some point or other. I could only hope it outlives us. Heck, TELNET BBS sites are still out there.

Anything is possible.... .. . .. . ..

Edited by Pablo

Msn is what got me interested in the Internet as a whole also teachgear played a big role in it too, Its good that this site is still running as this was the first ever site that took my interest in the old days... When i was on my trusty 36k connection :P. Obviously my post count doesn't reflect that but i have been here since the beginning.. Went by the name eclipse¬ i still come back here every now and then and check up whats going on. Its a shame it seems the majority of the old members have disappeared.

Edited by Xam

Lot of us "idle" because we are multitasking freaks. Rarely are we just chatting. So we idle in rooms to a) chat when we feel like it and B) chat when we see someone come in or someone chatting that we wish to chat with. Most of use prefer mirc over webchats so idling really doesn't mean much to us.