- Absolute -

[::X-System::]

last tab is done, changed the name of the last 2 tabs to Misc. & Misc. 2

newssp.png

ideas & suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guys, come on, be a bit more upbeat.

i guess it's just something that we've seen done over and over just in slightly different ways. from kenobi to hybrid to guarddog, to who knows what else.

if the sole purpose is just room protection and having it good for your friend, then yea, stick with the basics as there isn't any real need to make it look flashy.

repetitions

ty err0r, fixed

guys, come on, be a bit more upbeat.

i guess it's just something that we've seen done over and over just in slightly different ways. from kenobi to hybrid to guarddog, to who knows what else.

if the sole purpose is just room protection and having it good for your friend, then yea, stick with the basics as there isn't any real need to make it look flashy.

This was never done in either kenobi or hybrid or guarddog, protections in those 3 were normal and - compared to nowadays scripting/scripters - below average, perhaps they were sufficient for IRCx chat networks where not much abuse could take place, but i barely consider stuff like on *:text:http://*:#:{ access # add deny $address($nick,1) | kick # nick } scripting, especially if it was meant for IRCd use.

I tried my best to make Absolute flood proof during huge botnets attacks and it has proven it so far, everything is entirely queued and ofcrs all mode-related stuff take $modespl in consideration while queueing.

Queueing theory also exists in kicking, almost all kicks are set on ms timers to check for the user's existence before sending the kick command to the server to avoid racing conditions and to keep the sendQ/rcvQ at accepted rates.

Another ultimate protection i might add is enhanced drones/bots hunter, it goes like:

- a pattern limiter, to allow a certain amount of nicks with the same pattern to join a channel at once. I'm using a $pattern.regex for it eg. $pattern.regex(err0r) = [a-z]+\d[a-z]

- *.dnsbl.dronebl.org check

- *.dnsbl.proxybl.org check

- TOR exit nodes check

plus the basic regex checkers that check for nicks validity. eg. vowels/ASCI/digits/weird combinations

Regex also became handy with the swear protection, so far i don't think anyone ever came up with a regex-based swear protection. kenobi, hybrid, guarddog and all the rest just used the basic good old isin or iswm or both, which horribly fails and all it does best is triggering on false positives. You don't want to look n00b if your swear prot kicked someone for saying a string like Charles D*ckens, for the existence of `D*ck`, but with regex'd protection matching strings like $regex($1-,/\b(D*ck)\b/i) you'd never have false positives, the same thing applies for the Host masks filter, you wouldn't need to ban a whole subnet or add stuff like ??????!~@* to the ban list anymore, since you can simple ban a certain pattern. /^(.{3})!~\1@/ and /^(.{4,9}).*!~\1@/ are 2 patterns i have on my version of the script, i made the longer one - iirc - to detect bear drones on dalnet (you might want to read about these)

* Yet to come: a separate dialog to set/edit various kick messages for the various protections' kicks.

Anyways that was just an example of differences between my prots, and the ones in kenobi & hybrid & guarddog. It's all about enhancing :)

Edited by [::X-System::]

The on text event to kick for url can also be scripted using regex to match.

it's using a HORRIBLY long regex to match all types of urls, even the evading type ending with stuff like .c0m etc. ;)