Link No Longer Works

JOhnson

:oops: iv been trying to get this link but it just brings me to the front page of tg007 http://www.tg007.net/index.php?content=nicknames I used this to change nicks like this JÕhnŠǑn so the script could read then .... here is an example of a little snippet I did out of a pager and because the nick is like this JÕhnŠǑn it wont work ? I am using this snippet in buzzen and spcn ... as always nais tuke for any replies :D

#Call off
on *:TEXT:*JÕhnŠǑn*:#:{
  if (%JÕhnŠǑn == off) halt 
  /set -u3 %smsg $2-
  write call.txt $nick - %smsg
  { splay call.wav }
  set -u10 %JÕhnŠǑn off
}

//echo $utfencode(JÕhnŠǑn)

converts it to: JÕhnŠǑn

on *:TEXT:*JÕhnŠǑn*:#:{
  if (%JÕhnÅ Ç‘n == off) { halt }
  else {
    /set -u3 %smsg $2-
    splay call.wav
    set -u10 %JÕhnÅ Ç‘n off
  }
}

This way, mirc can decipher your nick with special chars.

P.S. I'm not sure what you do with:

set -u10 %JÕhnŠǑn off
Also, I don't understand why you set it and then unset it in a matter of seconds? Edited by Fanfare

:oops: Fanfare ... its not an excuse but I have reading difficulties .. somethings I seem to pickup on things and anothers I struggle to understand ... im not a n00b im a tryer that is hands on when it comes to learning codes .... ok fella I look for the easy way out and the link I put in was my easy way out ... im willing to learn .. so how did you take JÕhnŠǑn and make it look like this JÕhnÅ Ç‘n then you will answer my question and at the same time you will teach this fella ... at the same time nais tuke = thank you for your reply :D

so how did you take JÕhnŠǑn and make it look like this JÕhnÅ Ç‘n then you will answer my question and at the same time you will teach this fella ... at the same time nais tuke = thank you for your reply :D
I have shown you how by using the $utfencode() identifier.

All you have to do is place JÕhnŠǑn inside the parenthesis, as in

//echo $utfencode(JÕhnŠǑn)
, echo it out, and then you will see it as: JÕhnŠǑn

That is the one you need to put inside the mirc remote. After you have done that, and when people call JÕhnŠǑn , it'll trigger the script.

Or better yet, use the link error provided to convert.

Edited by Fanfare

:lmaojump: first of all I would like to say nais tuke to you FanFare for your help and secondly to you err0r for adding that page in tg007 .... iv been messing about and iv learnt some from your //echo $utfencode(JÕhnŠǑn) Fanfare :D ... as always fellas nais tuke = thank you for your help on this one :D