Msn Chat Control 4.5

JOhnson

:oops: I was in sparkpea last night and was asked for some help via my whispers but for some reason I couldnt access the whispers so I looked at options at the top of the page and everything was blank so I set default which ticked all the boxes and closed the options .... same thing happened again when I looked in options everything was "blank" so I asked at the helpdesk and was told to clear temps / cookies ect which I did to no avail so I decided to delete the MSN Chat Control 4.5 and reinstall MSN Chat Control 4.5 which prompted me to download the Active X ... I try again but it still was the same ... my O/S is vista so what I did was to go on to my XP Pro machine and delete the MSN Chat Control 4.5 and the reinstall it which I did but when I came to look in options it prompted me to run another Active X which isnt happening on the Vista machine .... wondering if anyone can throw some light on this for my and any advice to help me overcome this problem ..... as always nais tuke = thank you for any replies or help :D

What web browser are you running?

Internet Explorer 7 warrior fella .... tried to upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 but it messed my graphics up ... iv been to control panel / programs / addons and deleted the msn chat control 4.5 and reinstalled it ... iv done that a few times and its still doing the same thing cant get my options to work in the spcn chatrooms ... iv also added sparkpea.net to my trusted sites but still to no avail ... dont know what else I can do ?

Idea from Chuck:

Have you heard of any other sparkpea users having this issue especially after the latest windows updates?

Link referencing serious exploit affecting msn ocx

http://infosecurity.us/?p=10146

:oops: Iv never heard from anyone else in sparkpea having the same problem but then I only use about 3 rooms in there apart from my test room .... anyway what iv done is iv reformatted the HDD and iv loaded as many updates that it will let me and iv also updated to Internet Explorer 8 and just tested sparkpea and the options ... so far so good :D err0r I will read what that link has to say and as always fella nais tuke for your reply and your help even if its a little late :lolwave:

Why can't some people let msn ocx die in peace already? If Buzzen can do it, so can others.

:lmaojump: you always get ONE >>>>> Fanfare who just cannot let someone ask for help without bringing up msn ocx ... makes me mad :@ I just chat in sparkpea I dont give a damn whether it uses someone else software :D

Edited by JOhnson

:oops: err0r as you know I dont read to well and take things in as quickly as you fellas do so im asking again for some help ... you see this Microsoft Security Advisory (973882) in that link http://infosecurity.us/?p=10146 is that the update that is causing the problem ... as always nais tuke = thank you for any help on this one :D