Nick Logger

JOhnson

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just thought I would post this nickdetector code I found on one of my old pen drives .... havent a clue who scripted it but it works as far as giving the last nick change and it also logs all nicks that join the room in a user.txt in the main directory of mirc .... x-c0n I did try yours fella and yes it does store the nicks but it wont show them in the room :( maybe im doing something wrong lol but at the moment lol im messing up err0rs history code :P iv also been messing with the nickdetector code to see if I can get it to read the last five nick changes :D (wish me baxto = luck)

NickDetect On
on *:join:*:{ 
  if ($nick == $me) halt 
  if (!$read(users.txt,w,* $+ $address($nick,1) $+ *)) { 
    write users.txt $address($nick,1) $nick 
    privmsg 
  } 
  else { 
    if ($read(users.txt,s, $address($nick,1)) != $nick) { 
      msg $chan $replace($nick,>,Guest_) You where previously knows as $replace($ifmatch,>,Guest_) 
      write -l $+ $readn users.txt $address($nick,1) $nick 
    } 
  } 
} 
#NickDetect End

Yea it will store everyones name and when they change names it will add it the the same gate... you would just have to add in an echo for it to show you.

:lmaojump: will look at that fella ... as always x-cOn nais tuke = thank you for the code fella :D

I think it'd be best to use hash tables instead of text file for scripts like nick logger...it could get quit big in size over time in your hard drive.

:oops: missed your reply Fanfare ... im not good enough to do hash tables fella im still learning so I stick with what I know ... but who knows fella one day I will :D

Guest Travis
I think it'd be best to use hash tables instead of text file for scripts like nick logger...it could get quit big in size over time in your hard drive.

I thought so too, but I decided to use ini files for this. The table was too big and held too much unused information.