What Browser Do You Use.

JOhnson

on Windows i use Opera only but running linux i use FF cuz there is NO flash that works w/ Opera on linux atm, once fixed back to opera 100%

Both have Tabs, faster and cleaner then IE, and FF does have the better extensions but opera is catching up!

:lmaojump: nais tuke = thank you for all the replies and very interesting to see what other forum members use I will try FF and also Opera and some time in the near future I will tell you what I think :D

its really good to see all the differing opinions, but also the cleanness of these opinions. I know these types of forum topics can get ugly, but just want to say thank you all for putting in your opinions and not rubbishing everything else.

In saying that...

I've used IE, FF and Opera. IE was my main up until they released 8. I only stopped using IE as my main when they released 8 because tab browsing became really really slow on Vista, though i've seen on 7 it is pretty responsive, so i may switch back. I'm not really they type of person who needs all the bells and whistles, and IE has always been reasonable. I'm on FF at the moment cause its reasonable in opening tabs. I did try opera for a period, but got a tad annoyed with a couple of the features and the layout of certain things. But Opera is a great browser once you get use to it.

As for FF being safe, wasn't there a report released for last year that stated the FF had twice as many bugs/exploits found & patched than any of the other browsers? Like with IE/Opera/Safari all sitting around 30 to 35, and FF sitting up around 80? I'm sure we published it here...

Edited by The Gate Keeper

Open Source i don't know how many times i will have to explain this to ppl here. ah n/m it's just a waste of my time. go ahead and use opera. hopefully if enough ppl stop supporting open source projects they will go away

err0r has a point as well. Open sourced provides free community wide production. Hence its massive collaboration and collection of addons which make firefox one of the biggest draw cards if you are after some of the nifty stuff that aren't standard to browsers. And because it is open sourced, the code gets criticised a lot more, ensuring that the continual patching provides a better, cleaner, safer environment of code. But of course, getting to that state means that bugs/exploits/flaws need to be found first.

So there are pros and cons to open source software, but all in all, you are getting a free peice of software, no ads or strings attached, and has great support in terms of addons.

not only is it just an open source project it's hugely community oriented. The fact that the community as a whole makes the addons in itself is one of the biggest reasons why I support projects such as firefox. If you want a feature the browser doesn't have 99% of the time there is an addon out there for firefox that will do it. No other browser out there offers the flexibility of firefox. Overall I think opera is equal to if not better than ff in terms of basic functionality the truth is no other browser comes close to FF in terms of adaptation. IE 8 has made huge strides and Chrome is hella-fast. Hopefully in the near future the other browsers will offer better addon ability that is more community based than based on corporate greed.

benn playing about with google chrome the last few days

amazingly fast and i like it

does everything i need it to do

still dont think it will ever get anywhere near the popularity that google are hoping thoguh